[NTB] Re: No Subject

    Message 1 of 29 , Aug 3, 1999
      Hi Rajesh,

      > please do't send mail again.

      To Subscribe to or UnSubscribe from any of the Mailing
      Lists send an empty post to the appropriate list(s):

      Subscribe:
      The NoteTab Basic List....... NoteTab-Subscribe@...
      The NoteTab Clips List....... Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      The NoteTab HTML List........ Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
      The Mailbag Assistant List... MailBag-Subscribe@...

      UnSubscribe:
      The Mailbag Assistant List... MailBag-Subscribe@...

      Happy NoteTabbin',
      Jody Adair
      Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23
    • Lotta
      Message 2 of 29 , Jan 7, 2000
        Hello every body,
        So far there is one major feture that I miss in NTP. The option to choose which libraries that shall be visable in the Lib Bar. It tend to be too many there...now I get rid of the ones I for the moment don't use by moving them to another folder.
        And also the possibility to sort them not having to rename them wold be handy.

        If there is a trick for this I would greatly appriciate the tip!

        Lotta
        Message 3 of 29 , Jan 7, 2000
          Hi Lotta,

          > So far there is one major feture that I miss in NTP. The option
          > to choose which libraries that shall be visable in the Lib Bar.
          > It tend to be too many there...now I get rid of the ones I for
          > the moment don't use by moving them to another folder.

          Search no further. Here is one of the most useful Libraries
          made. It what originally written by Eric Beecher, but many
          features and improvements have been added by Charles Raine.
          You *do want* to download The Librarian. You will wonder how
          you ever managed without it!

          "Charles M. Raine" <rainec@...>
          Clipbook Librarian
          http://www.escape.ca/~rainec/notetab.htm

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
          mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
        • Lotta
          Message 4 of 29 , Jan 7, 2000
            >You *do want* to download The Librarian.
            Yes, I *did want* very much.

            > You will wonder how
            >you ever managed without it
            Well, I didn't manage.

            Thanks alot/Lotta
          • Howard Grimsdale
            Message 5 of 29 , Jan 12, 2000
              Has anyone knowldge of screenplay writing macros for NoteTab?

              TIA -- Howard
            • rellieb-jean
              Message 6 of 29 , Jan 21, 2000
                Hello ,

                In new version of NTP I would like to be able to "Number Lines" (see
                Modify menu) with numbers beginning with zero.

                As a mailing list I use indexes articles beginning with zero as in eg.
                020300
                (presumably to allow for orderly indexing of many many messages over time)

                If I am not overlooking something that is already available, how is
                the best way to get this recommendation to the developer?

                --
                Best regards,
                rellieb-jean
                Message 7 of 29 , Jan 22, 2000
                  Hello Group-
                  Can NoteTab (standard) help me do the following: Take a 1000+Rows by 8
                  Column table and create a space padded table? The "table" is a CSV Text
                  file of about 100k. The fields are variable length text. If I create a
                  Tab a delimited text file the variable length fields cause the
                  'columns' to get jumbled. If I use FrontPage/Excel/etc. to create an
                  HTML table the file gets very large (~1mb) which really slows the
                  display down.
                  thanks
                  Message 8 of 29 , Jan 22, 2000
                    Hi fbj,

                    > Can NoteTab (standard) help me do the following: Take a
                    > 1000+Rows by 8 Column table and create a space padded table?

                    I believe what you want done can be done with a Clip. Please
                    post a short piece of your file over on the Clips or HTML list.
                    Give an example of the output as well - thanks.

                    To sign up for the NoteTab Clips List send an empty post to:

                    Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...

                    To sign up for the NoteTab and HTML List send an empty post to:

                    Ntb-html-Subscribe@...

                    Happy HTML'n!
                    Jody

                    http://www.sureword.com/notetab

                    The NoteTab and Html List...
                    mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
                  • rellieb-jean
                    Message 9 of 29 , Jan 30, 2000
                      Hello notetab,

                      One small thing in NTP4.6 that I don't like is when I am building an
                      outline file, and I want to add a new heading. I click on the 'Add
                      Heading' icon. That give the 'Outline Heading' dialog. Fine. But if I
                      have 'Show Heading' ticked then the first line of whatever I put into
                      the Contents editor window will be taken as the relevant entry for the
                      Headings list (or table of contents). So this intervening dialog of
                      'Outline Heading' is irrelevant to me. I feel that different
                      conditions apply when 'Show Headings' is ticked, conditions which make
                      the 'Outline Heading' dialog redundant.

                      E.g., I am doing wholesales cut and pastes into an outline file, and I
                      just want to add a new heading, and dump the material in, and work out
                      the heading later.

                      Anyway, I just wanted to say that I think if 'Show Heading' is ticked,
                      then the intervening dialog of 'Outline Heading' is a waste of
                      effort. Preferably it could just make a new empty heading and let me
                      create the heading by the natural process of accepting the first line
                      of whatever goes into the Contents editor window.

                      As it is now I just quickly type anything, eg. jdk to get past the
                      time-consuming dialog of 'Outline Heading' dialog.

                      Am I missing something?

                      -- Best regards, rellieb-jean
                      Message 10 of 29 , Jan 30, 2000
                        Hi rellieb-jean,

                        > One small thing in NTP4.6 that I don't like is when I am
                        > building an outline file, and I want to add a new heading. I
                        > click on the 'Add Heading' icon. That give the 'Outline
                        > Heading' dialog. Fine. But if I have 'Show Heading' ticked then
                        > the first line of whatever I put into the Contents editor
                        > window will be taken as the relevant entry for the Headings
                        > list (or table of contents). So this intervening dialog of
                        > 'Outline Heading' is irrelevant to me.

                        I think you are saying you then have two identical Headings so to
                        speak. One is the actual header, because you have Show Headings
                        on and the other is the title of your work. If you are going to
                        always have Show Headings on, then don't add a title to your
                        Topic. I guess I do not understand what you are saying.

                        > As it is now I just quickly type anything, eg. jdk to get past
                        > the time-consuming dialog of 'Outline Heading' dialog.

                        To get past Document | Outline Headings... right click over the
                        Heading panel in the Outline itself and click. If you are doing
                        a lot of Outline work then Clips would be justified to aid you in
                        the work.

                        Also, if you know where you want to add a Heading/Topic at, below
                        what other Topic, all you need to do is focus that Topic. At the
                        bottom of it leave a blank line and paste your Heading/Topic in.
                        Page up till you get to your new Heading with the blank line
                        above it (important to remember) and add H= in front of it. Save
                        and Reload. Your new entry will be listed in your Outline then.

                        Try this exercise:

                        Click on any Heading and then Ctrl+End.

                        Press your Enter key once or twice to get two blank lines and
                        enter this:

                        ----- Last line in existing Topic -----

                        H=Delete This

                        This is the Topic body. (Save & Reload).

                        ----

                        Now, save and reload it.

                        Message 11 of 29 , Jan 30, 2000
                          Hi rellieb-jean,

                          > To get past Document | Outline Headings... right click over the
                          > Heading panel in the Outline itself and click. If you are
                          > doing a lot of Outline work then Clips would be justified to
                          > aid you in the work.

                          Or if you are a keyboarder you and the focus is in your Topic
                          press Shift+F6 Shift+F10 [Letter]. Just press Shift+F10 [Letter]
                          if you are already in the Heading panel.

                          (Shift+F4 gets the Clipbook in focus and Shift+F7 gets you to the
                          Quick List.)

                          Bye for now,
                          Jody Adair
                          Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

                          http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
                          http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
                          http://www.sureword.com/notetab
                        • Tobias Weber
                          Message 12 of 29 , Jan 30, 2000
                            On 31 Jan 00, at 6:44, rellieb-jean wrote:

                            > E.g., I am doing wholesales cut and pastes into an outline file, and I
                            > just want to add a new heading, and dump the material in, and work out
                            > the heading later.

                            NTP has to have some heading text to add a new section, but
                            there are ways to save your fingers movement...

                            In the context menu of the outline window "Add from Clipboard"
                            would do the job, but the dialog comes up, too (although you can
                            just temporarily confirm the default value) and there is no toolbar
                            entry for this. So still at least two clicks and one return.

                            You can write a small clip doing the same with some bogus header
                            text. With the clipbook open and "Execute on single click" set we
                            save one click and the return.

                            And if you add it to your clipbar (check NTP4.8 beta for this great
                            new feature) you can even keep the clipbook hidden ;-)

                            Example Clip (copy those 3 lines to the clipboard and select "Add
                            from Clipboard" in the Clipbook context menu):

                            H="Add from Clipboard"
                            ^!AddHeading "Insert Heading Name Later"
                            ^!Paste

                            --
                            Tobias Weber
                          • rellieb-jean
                            Message 13 of 29 , Jan 31, 2000
                              Hello Jody,

                              > I think you are saying you then have two identical Headings so to
                              > speak. One is the actual header, because you have Show Headings
                              > on and the other is the title of your work. If you are going to
                              > always have Show Headings on, then don't add a title to your
                              > Topic. I guess I do not understand what you are saying.

                              Well you intuitively have restated my problem. If I have Show Headings
                              enabled I really shouldn't have to add a title or a Header name;
                              because I am going to be dumping material into the Contents editor
                              window, and whatever is the first line will end up as both the defacto
                              title and the actual header.
                              As there is going to be a header name (via the pasting), I shouldn't
                              have to enter one in the annoying intervening dialog.
                              >From the help file : "You will then be prompted to enter the name for
                              the new heading."
                              Trying to think of a descriptive name for the new outline heading at
                              this stage is unwarranted, as I have material in the clipboard that I
                              wish to dump into a newly created topic, and it may well be that the
                              top line of that cut material is perfectly adequate as a descriptive
                              heading.

                              Of course if I skip a line in pasting into the newly created topic
                              (that is, if the top line is left blank) I will be prompted to remove the
                              entry from the outline list, but that is not as issue for me, as I
                              just naturally have something on the top line, as that is the only
                              natural place to paste in a clean newly created topic page of a OTL file.

                              --
                              Best regards,
                              rellieb-jean mailto:rellieb-jean@...
                              Message 14 of 29 , Jan 31, 2000
                                Hi rellieb-jean,

                                > As there is going to be a header name (via the pasting), I
                                > shouldn't have to enter one in the annoying intervening dialog.
                                >
                                > Trying to think of a descriptive name for the new outline
                                > heading at this stage is unwarranted, as I have material in the
                                > clipboard that I wish to dump into a newly created topic, and
                                > it may well be that the top line of that cut material is
                                > perfectly adequate as a descriptive heading.

                                When I make test clips or enter an Outline heading and I don't
                                care what the name is. I just hit a few random keys so the
                                heading might be like one of these: cghj, dyj, dyrt, dfy, awer,
                                aiyuo. Obviously it does not tell me much, except that it needs
                                to be looked at. :) And don't you know I have a number of those
                                around.

                                So, you could do something like that or make a Clip as suggested
                                and put it on the new Clipbar that would insert a "Needs Name"
                                and enough breaks after it so you can paste in. But, if I was
                                going to go through the trouble to do that my Clip would
                                automatically get the Clipboard contents and do it all in one
                                click. You know how to find the Clips list. <g>

                                Happy Clip'n!
                                Jody

                                http://www.sureword.com/notetab

                                The NoteTab Clip List...
                                mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
                              • Larry Thomas
                                Message 15 of 29 , Jan 31, 2000
                                  Hi Jody and Relieb-Jean,

                                  At 01:43 PM 1/31/2000 -0600, you wrote:
                                  >When I make test clips or enter an Outline heading and I don't
                                  >care what the name is. I just hit a few random keys so the
                                  >heading might be like one of these: cghj, dyj, dyrt, dfy, awer,
                                  >aiyuo. Obviously it does not tell me much, except that it needs
                                  >to be looked at. :) And don't you know I have a number of those
                                  >around.
                                  >
                                  >So, you could do something like that or make a Clip as suggested
                                  >and put it on the new Clipbar that would insert a "Needs Name"
                                  >and enough breaks after it so you can paste in. But, if I was
                                  >going to go through the trouble to do that my Clip would
                                  >automatically get the Clipboard contents and do it all in one
                                  >click. You know how to find the Clips list. <g>

                                  Or you could just downlaod CLIPSTOR from the NoteTab Libraries site !-)

                                  Regards,

                                  Larry
                                  larryt@...
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Jan 31, 2000
                                    Hi Larry & Relieb-Jean,

                                    >> So, you could do something like that or make a Clip as
                                    >> suggested and put it on the new Clipbar that would insert a
                                    >> "Needs Name"

                                    > Or you could just downlaod CLIPSTOR from the NoteTab Libraries
                                    > site !-)

                                    Or two more cents worth from The NoteTabbers Assistant Page

                                    Download Outline Tools (10/30/1999)
                                    http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/otl.zip

                                    Download NoteBoards
                                    http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/notebrds.zip

                                    http://www.sureword.com/notetab

                                    The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
                                    mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
                                    http://www.egroups.com/list/notetab
                                  • Kay Roath
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Jan 31, 2000
                                      01/31/2000 4:07 AM rellieb-jean wrote
                                      > Well you intuitively have restated my problem. If I have Show Headings
                                      > enabled I really shouldn't have to add a title or a Header name;
                                      > because I am going to be dumping material into the Contents editor
                                      > window, and whatever is the first line will end up as both the defacto
                                      > title and the actual header.

                                      Go to the end of your outline file and make it a pasteboard.
                                      Set your PasteBoard Divider to 2 blank lines followed by H=

                                      When you're done copying to the outline,, reload it & you'll have new
                                      topics with the first line of each copy as the name.

                                      Actually, you can start anyplace you want in the outline as long as
                                      you make sure your cursor is at the end of the text for the current
                                      topic.

                                      --- Grandma Kay ---
                                    • HII TING LUNG
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Feb 13, 2000
                                        delete me from the group

                                        Message 19 of 29 , Feb 13, 2000
                                          That's not how it works you have to unsubscribe!!!

                                          Thank You,
                                          Chuck Sinclair
                                          http://www.mr-wizard.com

                                          Message 20 of 29 , Feb 13, 2000
                                            Hi HII,

                                            > delete me from the group

                                            Please send an empty post using the address you subscribe with to

                                            http://www.sureword.com/notetab

                                            The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
                                            mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
                                            http://www.egroups.com/list/notetab
                                          • Greg Chapman
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Feb 21, 2000
                                              I've just upgraded from NoteTab Pro v4.6/na v4.8/np

                                              I want to clean up my NOTE TAB PRO folder. What files, dated earlier than
                                              14/2/00, can I delete?

                                              Greg