[NTB] No Subject

  • Rajesh Kalra
    Message 1 of 29 , Aug 3, 1999
      please do't send mail again.
      thankyou

      Message 2 of 29 , Aug 3, 1999
        Hi Rajesh,

        > please do't send mail again.

        To Subscribe to or UnSubscribe from any of the Mailing
        Lists send an empty post to the appropriate list(s):

        Subscribe:
        The NoteTab Basic List....... NoteTab-Subscribe@...
        The NoteTab Clips List....... Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
        The NoteTab HTML List........ Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
        The Mailbag Assistant List... MailBag-Subscribe@...

        UnSubscribe:
        The Mailbag Assistant List... MailBag-Subscribe@...

        Happy NoteTabbin',
        Jody Adair
        Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23
      • Lotta
        Message 3 of 29 , Jan 7, 2000
          Hello every body,
          So far there is one major feture that I miss in NTP. The option to choose which libraries that shall be visable in the Lib Bar. It tend to be too many there...now I get rid of the ones I for the moment don't use by moving them to another folder.
          And also the possibility to sort them not having to rename them wold be handy.

          If there is a trick for this I would greatly appriciate the tip!

          Lotta
          Message 4 of 29 , Jan 7, 2000
            Hi Lotta,

            > So far there is one major feture that I miss in NTP. The option
            > to choose which libraries that shall be visable in the Lib Bar.
            > It tend to be too many there...now I get rid of the ones I for
            > the moment don't use by moving them to another folder.

            Search no further. Here is one of the most useful Libraries
            made. It what originally written by Eric Beecher, but many
            features and improvements have been added by Charles Raine.
            You *do want* to download The Librarian. You will wonder how
            you ever managed without it!

            "Charles M. Raine" <rainec@...>
            Clipbook Librarian
            http://www.escape.ca/~rainec/notetab.htm

            http://www.sureword.com/notetab

            The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
            mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
          • Lotta
            Message 5 of 29 , Jan 7, 2000
              >You *do want* to download The Librarian.
              Yes, I *did want* very much.

              > You will wonder how
              >you ever managed without it
              Well, I didn't manage.

              Thanks alot/Lotta
            • Howard Grimsdale
              Message 6 of 29 , Jan 12, 2000
                Has anyone knowldge of screenplay writing macros for NoteTab?

                TIA -- Howard
              • rellieb-jean
                Message 7 of 29 , Jan 21, 2000
                  Hello ,

                  In new version of NTP I would like to be able to "Number Lines" (see
                  Modify menu) with numbers beginning with zero.

                  As a mailing list I use indexes articles beginning with zero as in eg.
                  020300
                  (presumably to allow for orderly indexing of many many messages over time)

                  If I am not overlooking something that is already available, how is
                  the best way to get this recommendation to the developer?

                  --
                  Best regards,
                  rellieb-jean
                  Message 8 of 29 , Jan 22, 2000
                    Hello Group-
                    Can NoteTab (standard) help me do the following: Take a 1000+Rows by 8
                    Column table and create a space padded table? The "table" is a CSV Text
                    file of about 100k. The fields are variable length text. If I create a
                    Tab a delimited text file the variable length fields cause the
                    'columns' to get jumbled. If I use FrontPage/Excel/etc. to create an
                    HTML table the file gets very large (~1mb) which really slows the
                    display down.
                    thanks
                    Message 9 of 29 , Jan 22, 2000
                      Hi fbj,

                      > Can NoteTab (standard) help me do the following: Take a
                      > 1000+Rows by 8 Column table and create a space padded table?

                      I believe what you want done can be done with a Clip. Please
                      post a short piece of your file over on the Clips or HTML list.
                      Give an example of the output as well - thanks.

                      To sign up for the NoteTab Clips List send an empty post to:

                      Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...

                      To sign up for the NoteTab and HTML List send an empty post to:

                      Ntb-html-Subscribe@...

                      Happy HTML'n!
                      Jody

                      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

                      The NoteTab and Html List...
                      mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
                    • rellieb-jean
                      Message 10 of 29 , Jan 30, 2000
                        Hello notetab,

                        One small thing in NTP4.6 that I don't like is when I am building an
                        outline file, and I want to add a new heading. I click on the 'Add
                        Heading' icon. That give the 'Outline Heading' dialog. Fine. But if I
                        have 'Show Heading' ticked then the first line of whatever I put into
                        the Contents editor window will be taken as the relevant entry for the
                        Headings list (or table of contents). So this intervening dialog of
                        'Outline Heading' is irrelevant to me. I feel that different
                        conditions apply when 'Show Headings' is ticked, conditions which make
                        the 'Outline Heading' dialog redundant.

                        E.g., I am doing wholesales cut and pastes into an outline file, and I
                        just want to add a new heading, and dump the material in, and work out
                        the heading later.

                        Anyway, I just wanted to say that I think if 'Show Heading' is ticked,
                        then the intervening dialog of 'Outline Heading' is a waste of
                        effort. Preferably it could just make a new empty heading and let me
                        create the heading by the natural process of accepting the first line
                        of whatever goes into the Contents editor window.

                        As it is now I just quickly type anything, eg. jdk to get past the
                        time-consuming dialog of 'Outline Heading' dialog.

                        Am I missing something?

                        -- Best regards, rellieb-jean
                        Message 11 of 29 , Jan 30, 2000
                          Hi rellieb-jean,

                          > One small thing in NTP4.6 that I don't like is when I am
                          > building an outline file, and I want to add a new heading. I
                          > click on the 'Add Heading' icon. That give the 'Outline
                          > Heading' dialog. Fine. But if I have 'Show Heading' ticked then
                          > the first line of whatever I put into the Contents editor
                          > window will be taken as the relevant entry for the Headings
                          > list (or table of contents). So this intervening dialog of
                          > 'Outline Heading' is irrelevant to me.

                          I think you are saying you then have two identical Headings so to
                          speak. One is the actual header, because you have Show Headings
                          on and the other is the title of your work. If you are going to
                          always have Show Headings on, then don't add a title to your
                          Topic. I guess I do not understand what you are saying.

                          > As it is now I just quickly type anything, eg. jdk to get past
                          > the time-consuming dialog of 'Outline Heading' dialog.

                          To get past Document | Outline Headings... right click over the
                          Heading panel in the Outline itself and click. If you are doing
                          a lot of Outline work then Clips would be justified to aid you in
                          the work.

                          Also, if you know where you want to add a Heading/Topic at, below
                          what other Topic, all you need to do is focus that Topic. At the
                          bottom of it leave a blank line and paste your Heading/Topic in.
                          Page up till you get to your new Heading with the blank line
                          above it (important to remember) and add H= in front of it. Save
                          and Reload. Your new entry will be listed in your Outline then.

                          Try this exercise:

                          Click on any Heading and then Ctrl+End.

                          Press your Enter key once or twice to get two blank lines and
                          enter this:

                          ----- Last line in existing Topic -----

                          H=Delete This

                          This is the Topic body. (Save & Reload).

                          ----

                          Now, save and reload it.

                          Message 12 of 29 , Jan 30, 2000
                            Hi rellieb-jean,

                            > To get past Document | Outline Headings... right click over the
                            > Heading panel in the Outline itself and click. If you are
                            > doing a lot of Outline work then Clips would be justified to
                            > aid you in the work.

                            Or if you are a keyboarder you and the focus is in your Topic
                            press Shift+F6 Shift+F10 [Letter]. Just press Shift+F10 [Letter]
                            if you are already in the Heading panel.

                            (Shift+F4 gets the Clipbook in focus and Shift+F7 gets you to the
                            Quick List.)

                            Bye for now,
                            Jody Adair
                            Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

                            http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
                            http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
                            http://www.sureword.com/notetab
                          • Tobias Weber
                            Message 13 of 29 , Jan 30, 2000
                              On 31 Jan 00, at 6:44, rellieb-jean wrote:

                              > E.g., I am doing wholesales cut and pastes into an outline file, and I
                              > just want to add a new heading, and dump the material in, and work out
                              > the heading later.

                              NTP has to have some heading text to add a new section, but
                              there are ways to save your fingers movement...

                              In the context menu of the outline window "Add from Clipboard"
                              would do the job, but the dialog comes up, too (although you can
                              just temporarily confirm the default value) and there is no toolbar
                              entry for this. So still at least two clicks and one return.

                              You can write a small clip doing the same with some bogus header
                              text. With the clipbook open and "Execute on single click" set we
                              save one click and the return.

                              And if you add it to your clipbar (check NTP4.8 beta for this great
                              new feature) you can even keep the clipbook hidden ;-)

                              Example Clip (copy those 3 lines to the clipboard and select "Add
                              from Clipboard" in the Clipbook context menu):

                              H="Add from Clipboard"
                              ^!AddHeading "Insert Heading Name Later"
                              ^!Paste

                              --
                              Tobias Weber
                            • rellieb-jean
                              Message 14 of 29 , Jan 31, 2000
                                Hello Jody,

                                > I think you are saying you then have two identical Headings so to
                                > speak. One is the actual header, because you have Show Headings
                                > on and the other is the title of your work. If you are going to
                                > always have Show Headings on, then don't add a title to your
                                > Topic. I guess I do not understand what you are saying.

                                Well you intuitively have restated my problem. If I have Show Headings
                                enabled I really shouldn't have to add a title or a Header name;
                                because I am going to be dumping material into the Contents editor
                                window, and whatever is the first line will end up as both the defacto
                                title and the actual header.
                                As there is going to be a header name (via the pasting), I shouldn't
                                have to enter one in the annoying intervening dialog.
                                >From the help file : "You will then be prompted to enter the name for
                                the new heading."
                                Trying to think of a descriptive name for the new outline heading at
                                this stage is unwarranted, as I have material in the clipboard that I
                                wish to dump into a newly created topic, and it may well be that the
                                top line of that cut material is perfectly adequate as a descriptive
                                heading.

                                Of course if I skip a line in pasting into the newly created topic
                                (that is, if the top line is left blank) I will be prompted to remove the
                                entry from the outline list, but that is not as issue for me, as I
                                just naturally have something on the top line, as that is the only
                                natural place to paste in a clean newly created topic page of a OTL file.

                                --
                                Best regards,
                                rellieb-jean mailto:rellieb-jean@...
                                Message 15 of 29 , Jan 31, 2000
                                  Hi rellieb-jean,

                                  > As there is going to be a header name (via the pasting), I
                                  > shouldn't have to enter one in the annoying intervening dialog.
                                  >
                                  > Trying to think of a descriptive name for the new outline
                                  > heading at this stage is unwarranted, as I have material in the
                                  > clipboard that I wish to dump into a newly created topic, and
                                  > it may well be that the top line of that cut material is
                                  > perfectly adequate as a descriptive heading.

                                  When I make test clips or enter an Outline heading and I don't
                                  care what the name is. I just hit a few random keys so the
                                  heading might be like one of these: cghj, dyj, dyrt, dfy, awer,
                                  aiyuo. Obviously it does not tell me much, except that it needs
                                  to be looked at. :) And don't you know I have a number of those
                                  around.

                                  So, you could do something like that or make a Clip as suggested
                                  and put it on the new Clipbar that would insert a "Needs Name"
                                  and enough breaks after it so you can paste in. But, if I was
                                  going to go through the trouble to do that my Clip would
                                  automatically get the Clipboard contents and do it all in one
                                  click. You know how to find the Clips list. <g>

                                  Happy Clip'n!
                                  Jody

                                  http://www.sureword.com/notetab

                                  The NoteTab Clip List...
                                  mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
                                • Larry Thomas
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Jan 31, 2000
                                    Hi Jody and Relieb-Jean,

                                    At 01:43 PM 1/31/2000 -0600, you wrote:
                                    >When I make test clips or enter an Outline heading and I don't
                                    >care what the name is. I just hit a few random keys so the
                                    >heading might be like one of these: cghj, dyj, dyrt, dfy, awer,
                                    >aiyuo. Obviously it does not tell me much, except that it needs
                                    >to be looked at. :) And don't you know I have a number of those
                                    >around.
                                    >
                                    >So, you could do something like that or make a Clip as suggested
                                    >and put it on the new Clipbar that would insert a "Needs Name"
                                    >and enough breaks after it so you can paste in. But, if I was
                                    >going to go through the trouble to do that my Clip would
                                    >automatically get the Clipboard contents and do it all in one
                                    >click. You know how to find the Clips list. <g>

                                    Or you could just downlaod CLIPSTOR from the NoteTab Libraries site !-)

                                    Regards,

                                    Larry
                                    larryt@...
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Jan 31, 2000
                                      Hi Larry & Relieb-Jean,

                                      >> So, you could do something like that or make a Clip as
                                      >> suggested and put it on the new Clipbar that would insert a
                                      >> "Needs Name"

                                      > Or you could just downlaod CLIPSTOR from the NoteTab Libraries
                                      > site !-)

                                      Or two more cents worth from The NoteTabbers Assistant Page

                                      Download Outline Tools (10/30/1999)
                                      http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/otl.zip

                                      Download NoteBoards
                                      http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/notebrds.zip

                                      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

                                      The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
                                      mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
                                      http://www.egroups.com/list/notetab
                                    • Kay Roath
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Jan 31, 2000
                                        01/31/2000 4:07 AM rellieb-jean wrote
                                        > Well you intuitively have restated my problem. If I have Show Headings
                                        > enabled I really shouldn't have to add a title or a Header name;
                                        > because I am going to be dumping material into the Contents editor
                                        > window, and whatever is the first line will end up as both the defacto
                                        > title and the actual header.

                                        Go to the end of your outline file and make it a pasteboard.
                                        Set your PasteBoard Divider to 2 blank lines followed by H=

                                        When you're done copying to the outline,, reload it & you'll have new
                                        topics with the first line of each copy as the name.

                                        Actually, you can start anyplace you want in the outline as long as
                                        you make sure your cursor is at the end of the text for the current
                                        topic.

                                        --- Grandma Kay ---
                                      • HII TING LUNG
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Feb 13, 2000
                                          delete me from the group

                                          Message 20 of 29 , Feb 13, 2000
                                            That's not how it works you have to unsubscribe!!!

                                            Thank You,
                                            Chuck Sinclair
                                            http://www.mr-wizard.com

                                            Message 21 of 29 , Feb 13, 2000
                                              Hi HII,

                                              > delete me from the group

                                              Please send an empty post using the address you subscribe with to

                                              http://www.sureword.com/notetab

                                              The NoteTab Basic Discussion List
                                              mailto:NoteTab-Subscribe@...
                                              http://www.egroups.com/list/notetab
                                            • Greg Chapman
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Feb 21, 2000
                                                I've just upgraded from NoteTab Pro v4.6/na v4.8/np

                                                I want to clean up my NOTE TAB PRO folder. What files, dated earlier than
                                                14/2/00, can I delete?

                                                Greg