[NTB] First time

  • Mijewoh@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3 7:31 PM
      I like what I read about NoteTab and have downloaded the Light version to try
      it out. The download and installation go OK. But when I try to activate the
      Icons the only action I get is the Daily Tips window and the Help window. I
      also get the tray Icon, but cannot activate any of the operating tools. I run
      Windows 98. What's my problem?
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3 8:01 PM
        Hi Mijewoh,

        > I like what I read about NoteTab and have downloaded the Light
        > version to try it out. The download and installation go OK. But
        > when I try to activate the Icons the only action I get is the
        > Daily Tips window and the Help window. I also get the tray
        > Icon, but cannot activate any of the operating tools. I run
        > Windows 98. What's my problem?

        Do you have any Toolbar icons at all like the first two to make a
        new file or open a file? Icons will not become highlighted ready
        to use until there is something for that Tool to do.
      • Mijewoh@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3 8:22 PM
          The only Toolbar that is initiated by clicking the Program Icons is
          "WhatsNew.txt". Of course, my problem is to get a tool with which to do
          something with. I don't get a tablet or a menu or notepad or anything. I have
          downloaded the Light program 3 times from 3 different sites and successfully
          installed it each time, overwriting the previous installation. The same thing
          happens each time. I have used my Zip program to unZip all the files again,
          to no avail. I really want to use NoteTab, but the inability to actuate it is
          frustrating. HELP !!!
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3 8:35 PM
            Hi Mijewoh,

            > The only Toolbar that is initiated by clicking the Program
            > Icons is "WhatsNew.txt". Of course, my problem is to get a tool
            > with which to do something with. I don't get a tablet or a menu
            > or notepad or anything.

            It is hard to tell in eMail, but it appears you hid your Toolbar.
            Go to the main menu and pull down View, then check Toolbar if it
            is unchecked. When you install NoteTab over previous versions
            the old ini file is not overwritten, so each time you installed
            it you had the same settings.

            Bye for now,
            Jody Adair
            Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23