[NTB] Re: 386 w/3.1

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 1999
      At 07:46 AM 8/3/1999 -0700, you wrote:
      >Can I run NoteTab on an old 386 with Windows 3.1?

      Sorry but no. NoteTab Lite/Std and Pro are 32 bit applications and require
      Win95 or better. Eric used to have a 16 bit version called mini NoteTab
      that would run on your machine but he no longer supports it and it is not
      on his web site any more either.

      I have a copy of the zip file: 26notp16.zip 401,835 Bytes that I could
      send as an attachment if you wish, but again, Fookes Software is no longer
      supporting or updating this program and it has nothing like the
      capabilities of even the freeware version of the 32 bit version of NoteTab.

      Mini NoteTab 16-bit (Freeware)

      · Works under Windows 3.1, or higher
      · Uses a minimum amount of system resources
      · Very fast
      · Can display fonts with OEM character sets (Terminal, MS Line Draw,...)
      · Cannot edit files larger than 32 kb *
      · Cannot undo all operations

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 1999
        Hi Larry and levesque,

        >> Can I run NoteTab on an old 386 with Windows 3.1

        > Eric used to have a 16 bit version called mini NoteTab that
        > would run on your machine but he no longer supports it and it
        > is not on his web site any more either.

        MiniNote 16 and 32 bit are available from the links below, but
        have a 41kb file size limit:

        http://www.fookes.com/notetab/index.html
        http://www.fookes.com/software/mininote.htm

        Bye for now,