[NTB] Selective clip fields...

  • kdayton@amlibs.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 1999
      I am writing a clip to create a fax form and have run into a snag.

      The clip prompts me to input this information:

      Company:
      Fax:

      My problem is this: if I leave the Company field blank, I want the
      entire "Company:" line left out and the remaining lines moved up to
      take its place. The only thing I have come up with so far is this line:

      ^?[Company=_None^=|]

      If I choose "None" in the clip dialog box, I get a blank line:

      To: Stanley Spadowski

      Fax: 555.1212

      If I type a company name, I don't get the heading:

      To: Stanley Spadowski
      U62, Inc.
      Fax: 555.1212

      Is there a way to specify on a line something like this?

      ^?[Company=_None^=|"Any Text"^=Company: "Any Text"] (where "Any Text"
      is the text typed by the user.)

      It seems like there could be a variable, which would be anything typed
      in the dialog box field.

      I haven't done a very good job of explaining it. Any suggestions are
      greatly appreciated.

      By the way, what is the best resource for learning about clip language?
      Are there any tutorials or comprehensive guides available?

      Thanks,
      Kent Dayton
    • RS
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 1999
        Hi Kent,

        Your question regarding your Clip I'm answering to the Clip List:

        http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips

        >By the way, what is the best resource for learning about clip language?
        >Are there any tutorials or comprehensive guides available?

        For most of us, the best and only resource has been knocking our heads
        against the walls <g>. It works, though it does hurt.

        Presently, there are two main sources that can help you in learning to
        program NoteTab:

        There is the "Introduction to Clip Programming",a tutorial by Kay Roath,
        which will set you up and running. She's very knowledgeable and extremely
        good at explaining things. The link is:

        http://freedom.n-i.com/nt_intro.shtml

        And there is my own ClipWriter, which, though not a programming tutorial,
        provides help into seeing what your Clips and the commands in them do, as
        well as in finding the right instructions to use, which can be a great help
        by smoothing the learning process. You can read more about it at:

        http://home.att.net/~ptools/ClipWriter/cw.htm

        Another invaluable source for learning is the Clip list, where other users
        can help answering any questions you might have.

        If you have any further questions about Clips, please post them to the Clip
        list:

        ntb-clips@egroups.com

        Regards,

        RS

        It's here!

        ClipWriter 1.0

        http://home.att.net/~ptools/ClipWriter/cw.htm

        http://home.att.net/~ptools/main/index.htm

      • Nicole Simon
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 1999
          kdayton@... wrote:
          > I am writing a clip to create a fax form and have run into a snag.

          Hi Kent, I leave this on a very basic way. If you won't more with clips,
          you should consider joining ntb-clips@egroups.com; this is the general
          notetab list.

          This might give you the hint, it's from my 'generate mail document'.
          (Pseudocode for easy reading, Clipcode below)

          If »input field company« empty goto label 'no company'
          insert linebreak
          insert 'Company: '
          insert »input field company«

          label 'no company'

          Nicole

          ^!SET %BccSelf%=^?[Bcc self==_Yes|No]
          [..]

          ^!IFSAME ^%BccSelf% No nobccself
          ^!InsertText:Bcc: ^%fromaddress%^p

          :nobccself
          ^!InsertText:Subject: ^%Subject%^p
          ^!InsertText:Contents:^p
          ^!TOOLBAR:Paste

          --
          »So, you're searching for alien life forms? Don't you meet
          enough strange people in discussion lists like this one? ;o)«