[NTB] Re: Toolbar function - Copy Headings

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 1999
      Hi Larry,

      > I have a question about the toolbar button to "Copy Headings".
      > I can add the button to my toolbar but it is always greyed out
      > no matter what. Just exactly what does this do?

      If you select some text in an Outline the icon will hightlight.
      Click on the icon (or use the keyboard shortcut Shift+Ctrl+B) and
      a new header will be made in your Outline and focus it. If you
      switch back to the place in the Outline you had the text made you
      will see it now has the [Hyperlink] brackets around it.

      "You can add hyperlinks to other headings. When activated, the
      content of the linked heading is displayed. Use the "Documents |
      Outline Heading | Copy Heading" menu command (or the keyboard
      shortcut Shift+Ctrl+B) to easily create a new heading based on
      selected text in your outline document. This command
      automatically inserts square brackets around the selection, adds
      the heading to the list, and opens it for input."

      Bye for now,
      Jody Adair
      Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

      http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
      http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
      http://www.sureword.com/notetab
    • Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 1999
        At 08:07 AM 8/1/1999 -0500, you wrote:
        >If you select some text in an Outline the icon will hightlight.
        >Click on the icon (or use the keyboard shortcut Shift+Ctrl+B) and
        >a new header will be made in your Outline and focus it. If you
        >switch back to the place in the Outline you had the text made you
        >will see it now has the [Hyperlink] brackets around it.

        Thanks Jody. That was what I wanted to know. You know, I cannot recall
        the last time I actually asked a question on the NoteTab lists. I guess I
        was overdue.

        Regards,

        Larry
        larryt@...
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 1999
          Hi Larry,

          > You know, I cannot recall the last time I actually asked a
          > question on the NoteTab lists. I guess I was overdue.

          Your eagerness to Help on the lists and come up with all kinds of
          work arounds has shown that you are not one to just ask without
          trying to figure it out yourself first. I guess we can allow you
          a question every now and then. :) Thank you!