[NTB] Toolbar function - Copy Headings

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 1999
      Hi All,

      I have a question about the toolbar button to "Copy Headings". I can add
      the button to my toolbar but it is always greyed out no matter what. Just
      exactly what does this do? It is also supposed to be accessed by
      Shift+Ctrl+B. I am just curious as I can find it mentioned in NoteTab Help
      but not explained at all as far as I can tell (which is not very helpful).

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 1999
        Hi Larry,

        > I have a question about the toolbar button to "Copy Headings".
        > I can add the button to my toolbar but it is always greyed out
        > no matter what. Just exactly what does this do?

        If you select some text in an Outline the icon will hightlight.
        Click on the icon (or use the keyboard shortcut Shift+Ctrl+B) and
        a new header will be made in your Outline and focus it. If you
        switch back to the place in the Outline you had the text made you
        will see it now has the [Hyperlink] brackets around it.

        "You can add hyperlinks to other headings. When activated, the
        content of the linked heading is displayed. Use the "Documents |
        Outline Heading | Copy Heading" menu command (or the keyboard
        shortcut Shift+Ctrl+B) to easily create a new heading based on
        selected text in your outline document. This command
        automatically inserts square brackets around the selection, adds
        the heading to the list, and opens it for input."

        Bye for now,
        Jody Adair
        Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

        http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
        http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab
      • Larry Thomas
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 1999
          At 08:07 AM 8/1/1999 -0500, you wrote:
          >If you select some text in an Outline the icon will hightlight.
          >Click on the icon (or use the keyboard shortcut Shift+Ctrl+B) and
          >a new header will be made in your Outline and focus it. If you
          >switch back to the place in the Outline you had the text made you
          >will see it now has the [Hyperlink] brackets around it.

          Thanks Jody. That was what I wanted to know. You know, I cannot recall
          the last time I actually asked a question on the NoteTab lists. I guess I
          was overdue.

          Regards,

          Larry
          larryt@...
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 1999
            Hi Larry,

            > You know, I cannot recall the last time I actually asked a
            > question on the NoteTab lists. I guess I was overdue.

            Your eagerness to Help on the lists and come up with all kinds of
            work arounds has shown that you are not one to just ask without
            trying to figure it out yourself first. I guess we can allow you
            a question every now and then. :) Thank you!