[NTB] Re: error message

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 29, 1999
      Hi Melissa,

      > i've been updating an html file, and when i go to save it, i
      > get the error message saying "cannot create file *name of file
      > here*. this is not a new file i just created, it has been used
      > and saved with no problems before.

      Just a quick reply here before I shut down... If you are viewing
      a large file in a browser and trying to save it while it is still
      you say on rare occasion though, but can't duplicate it.

      Happy NoteTabbin',

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab
      NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro.....
      http://www.notetab.com
    • Melissa Price
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 30, 1999
        i've been updating an html file, and when i go to save it, i get the
        error message saying "cannot create file *name of file here*. this is
        not a new file i just created, it has been used and saved with no
        problems before.

        any help or suggestions?
        thank you so much
        melissa

        The Willcam Group Limited - Exceptional training since 1988
        Unix, Perl, C/C++, Java, JavaScript, HTML, CGI and Internet
        Phone: 416-591-1551 Fax: 416-977-6416
        Toll Free: 1-888-WILLCAM Web: http://www.willcam.com
      • Ed Brown
        Message 3 of 7 , May 1, 2003
          I open a page from C:\Program FilesNoteTab
          Pro\projects\genealogy\brown1ab.html and make some changes in the HTML and
          try to save it back. Instead I get this message:Cannot create a file
          C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\projects\genealogy\brown1ab.html
          Pro/projects/genealogy/brown1ab.html. What is happening here. I opened the
          file from that place and all I want to do is save it back over the old page.
          It has been working. What am I doing wrong here. Thanks.
          Ed
        • Pat
          Message 4 of 7 , May 1, 2003
            At 5/1/2003, you wrote:
            >I open a page from C:\Program FilesNoteTab
            >Pro\projects\genealogy\brown1ab.html and make some changes in the HTML and
            >try to save it back. Instead I get this message:Cannot create a file
            >C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\projects\genealogy\brown1ab.html
            >Pro/projects/genealogy/brown1ab.html. What is happening here. I opened the
            >file from that place and all I want to do is save it back over the old page.
            >It has been working. What am I doing wrong here. Thanks.
            >Ed

            1 idea : You might check the properties of that original file. see if it write protected.

            pat
          • hsavage
            Message 5 of 7 , May 1, 2003
              Ed Brown wrote:

              >I open a page from C:\Program FilesNoteTab
              >Pro\projects\genealogy\brown1ab.html and make some changes in the HTML and
              >try to save it back. Instead I get this message:Cannot create a file
              >C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\projects\genealogy\brown1ab.html
              >Pro/projects/genealogy/brown1ab.html. What is happening here. I opened the
              >file from that place and all I want to do is save it back over the old page.
              >It has been working. What am I doing wrong here. Thanks.
              >Ed

              Hi Ed,

              In your example you omited the backslash after \Program Files\. Is that
              just a typo in the email.

              C:\Program FilesNoteTab Pro\projects\genealogy\brown1ab.html

              C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\projects\genealogy\brown1ab.html

              hrs
            • Ed Brown
              Message 6 of 7 , May 2, 2003
                At my age Jody, I will do my best to remember that, but if I get excited I
                may for get to remove it. This program POPFile is a gem but it does do
                something's that annoys list people, however I will stop replying if I
                forget again, I had just as soon lurk and learn anyhow. Sorry to have upset
                the old apple cart but perhaps we can get it righted
                Ed
                Message 7 of 7 , May 3, 2003
                  Hi Ed,

                  Since you did not add to this post what I said, I already forgot
                  about it and that is fine with me. ;-) I only have a few pet
                  peeves, so other than those, I consider myself a fairly OK list
                  owner/moderator and easy to get a long with. Some people think
                  at times that I am arguing with them or complaining, but that is
                  definitely not so and in most the cases - it's just that I didn't
                  get my point across the way I meant to.

                  I try to find the middle ground that pleases the most of the
                  people; we will always have differences, cry babies, the
                  argumentive types with us. I for one am glad that we have the
                  minimal "undesirables" <bg> on these lists. It takes two to
                  tango as they say. :) Anyhow, no offence taken at all.

                  Our CD-ROMs have many extras on them; check it out sometime at:

                  Order Fookes Software through me on CD...
                  http://www.notetab.net/order
                  Ordering Information: Price, CD build type...
                  http://www.notetab.net/html/cd-info.htm
                  Programs, Utilities, Helps, Clip Tutorial...
                  http://www.notetab.net/html/onthiscd.htm

                  Discussion Mailing Lists

                  >At my age Jody, I will do my best to remember that, but if I get
                  >excited I may for get to remove it. This program POPFile is a
                  >gem but it does do something's that annoys list people, however I
                  >will stop replying if I forget again, I had just as soon lurk and
                  >learn anyhow. Sorry to have upset the old apple cart but perhaps
                  >we can get it righted
                  >Ed

                  Happy Tab'n,