[NTB] New feature suggestion / Phase5

  • Joachim Nock
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26 1:36 AM
      Hi !

      I'm using NoteTab primarily as an HTML-Editor because of it's great Clip
      feature but i often take a look at other HTML editing tools too. Maybe
      there's an even better one some day... ;)

      Recently i stumbled upon Uli Meybohm's HTML Editor Phase5 (
      http://www.meybohm.de/htmledit/index.html ) and there are some pretty
      cool features which really would fit into NoteTab some day. One thing
      that annoyed me for some time is NoteTabs inability to give an overview
      of a complete HTML (or other) project. Such projects consist of many
      file in some sort of hierarchy and because all the linkage done in HTML
      files it's very essential to know in what tree of this hierarchy you
      are. Phase5 does this very efficient by showing the tree structure (or a
      file-manager view) for specially defined project directories (i.e. the
      root dir of a HTML tree). That way you can stay in one application and
      since you never need a file open dialog or file manager you can switch
      between the files extremely fast - without having to preopen them. The
      way Phase5 works with opened files is very similar to NoteTab but not
      that comfortable - take a look at it.

      That's but one feature i would be happy to see in a future NoteTab and
      i'm sure you'll find more by comparing these two great applications. My
      dream would be a mix of both - NoteTabs Clip Features, speed and
      reliability combined with the Phase5 comfort.

      -- Joachim