[NTB] Re: Pasteboard redundancy

  • Kennedy
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 1999
      info at http://newamerica.org/
      ===============================
      -----Original Message-----
      From: rabek@... <rabek@...>
      To: notetab@... <notetab@...>
      Date: Tuesday, July 06, 1999 8:33 AM
      Subject: [NTB] Pasteboard redundancy

      >I'm a new user of Notetab who's ecstatic with its improvements over
      >Notepad, but frustrated by one bizarre error my favorite feature keeps
      >committing: when Iuse an empty file as a pasteboard to accumulate
      >clipboard items, it copies each block of text I select not once but
      >=multiple= times simultaneously, sometimes twice, sometimes so many
      >times that instead of saving time, I end up sspending big chunks of
      >time selecting all the repetitive entries in my pasteboard document and
      >deleting them! Has anyone else had this problem, and hopefully found a
      >solution? I checked the Notetab.com pages issues section but found no
      >mention of it there.
      >
      >---Karin

      >FreeShop is the #1 place for free and trial offers and great deals!
      >Try something new and find out how you could win two round-trip tickets
      >anywhere in the U.S.! http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/368
      >

      >eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab

    • Molly Ni Dana
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 1999
        ???? I've had a couple of instances of pasteboard redundancy in the few
        weeks since I registered Note Tab Pro, though it's not consistent enough to
        get a grip on. Seems sort of similar to today's frustration - the button
        bar has a mind of it's own. I go into View-Options-Toolbar, and try to set
        up things the way I like them.. for some reason sometimes the buttons I've
        chosen fit on one line, sometimes they're large - wrap sometimes produces
        huge blank areas. I don't get it, but ever since I moved to Win98 6 months
        ago, this is my life.

        I do love it, in general though, still discovering (unwrapping) layers of
        features. I suspect part of my problem is I'm not a programmer, and a lot
        of what goes on it pretty obscure to me ;-)

        Molly NiDana
        <mollynidana@...>

        At 08:36 AM 7/6/99 , you wrote:
        >info at http://newamerica.org/
        >===============================

        Molly NiDana
        <mollynidana@...>
        http://www.crosswinds/net/~mollynidana

      • Kay Roath
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6, 1999
          07/06/1999 8:47 AM Molly Ni Dana wrote
          > I go into View-Options-Toolbar, and try to set up things
          > the way I like them.. for some reason sometimes the
          > buttons I've chosen fit on one line, sometimes they're
          > large - wrap sometimes produces huge blank areas. I don't
          > get it, but ever since I moved to Win98 6 months ago, this
          > is my life.

          Do you have 'Show Caption' marked under Options|Toolbar?
          If so, try unmarking it and marking 'Show Tooltips'. As
          your mouse moves over the icons, you'll see the text
          description. Also, you can split stuff up between the
          toolbar and the right click menu (Options|Shortcut Menu) so
          you don't need as much on the toolbar.

          My icons are certainly bigger with 'Show Captions' marked
          but they still seem to all be the same size. Is NoteTab the
          only program where you have this problem?

          I'm tempted to get a little Billy doll and stick a pin in it
          every time Win98 makes me click the taskbar instead of
          bringing a program forward like it should! I'd drop kick
          it every time I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del but it wouldn't last
          long :(

          --- Grandma Kay ---