[NTB] DICTIONARIES and MORE DICTIONARIES

  • Cindy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5 10:04 PM

      Below I have links to DICTIONARIES .. LOTS OF THEM!!!!!!  And I got permission to use them too. :-)  I've included the email below the dotted line, so you can see I got permission. <GRIN>

      Addicts dictionary page:
         http://www.flinthills.com/~addict/dicts.html

      Dictionaries available from:
         http://www.dcalcoda.com/deldown.html#Dictionaries

      I put these at the top so you can just re-open the email later and go the appropriate sites ... and not have to go thru the whole email to find the urls. Hope I made sense, as I'm very tired. LOL

      From nccn2.nccn.net!dcalcoda.com!kenhale Sat Jul  3 14:36:01 1999
      Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 11:28:08 -0700
      To: Cindy <cas@...>
      From: D C AL CODA <kenhale@...>
      Subject: Re: dictionaries

      At 03:06 AM 07/03/1999 -0400, you wrote:

      Hi,

      Thanks for you email.

      >Addicts makes the Spell Checker I use in one of my programs.

      Ahh, what program is that? A personal one or commercial?

      >At their site they say the following:
      >
      >Additional Dictionaries
      >
      >"Formerly on this page you would have found numerous
      dictionaries
      >that have been compiled and contributed FOR USE WITH
      ADDICTSPELL
      >BY VARIOUS USERS OF ADDICT.
      >
      >"However, one of our users has done such a good job of
      KEEPING
      >THIS LIST UP TO DATE ON HIS SITE MIRROR, THAT I NOW MERELY
      DIRECT
      >YOU TO SEE WHAT IS AVAILABLE FROM HIS SITE

      >So, I went to your site and checked out you FAQ which did not
      >tell me whether I could use them with my program for personal
      use
      >or not.  From what Addicts said above that I emphasized in
      all
      >caps it appears that we can freely grab what we want.  Since
      >did not see anything at the site about it I figured that it is
      >OK.  Can I download use them freely without feeling guilty
      about
      >it?

      Yes, you can.

      >Can I put a link up to them on my web page?

      If you are going to get much traffic, download them and put them on
      your site. Many of them are the ones that Addict has had available
      for a few years. Some have been refined by me and helpers.

      Two must be accompanied by the following copyright notices.

      The Main Medical dictionary must be accompanied by the following
      paragraph in the readme:

      The Main Medical dictionary is compiled from the Online Medical
      Dictionary with the generous permission of the Academic Medical
      Publishing & CancerWEB and may not be redistributed. The original
      Online Medical Dictionary is Copyright Academic Medical Publishing &
      CancerWEB 1997-98. The Online Medical Dictionary is located at:
      http://www.graylab.ac.uk/omd/index.html. The compiled medical
      dictionary is provided without warranty and under no circumstances
      can a charge be made for the compiled Medical dictionary.

      The Math dictionary must have the copyright:

      The Math dictionary is developed and copyrighted by (c) 1997-1999
      ESB Consultancy.

      In making these dictionaries available, I hope that others will
      contribute to them. The more dictionaries that we, as Addict
      developers, have the better all of our programs will be. We need a
      Legal dictionary, but I have been unable to find a word list. So, if
      you or any of your users know of one, I will be glad to help compile
      a dictionary.

      Thanks,
      Ken Hale

      D C AL CODA
      http://www.dcalcoda.com/

      Cindy (cas@...)

      Mt 5:8 .. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.