[NTB] Re: Alphabetical sort of Favorites/Quick List

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5 9:22 PM
      Hi Larry,

      > * how do I alphabetically sort both favorites and quick list

      You can sort Favorites in the Favorites Dialog by using the
      down/up arrows. They will display that way on the drop down
      menus. I only tested this next method with one .fvr file and one
      shifting one favorite up. It is up to you to test further - you
      are at your own risk. :) I don't see where it should cause any
      problems though. Anyway, if you open a .fvr file in NoteTab,
      select it and the use the sort acending tool it will do it for
      you in some cases like when they are all in the same directory.
      In other works it will sort by path and not the file itself
      unless the paths are the same.

      My quick list is sorted alphabetically from what I can see - I
      checked the different viewing features. The one that doesn't is
      the Favorites view. It sorts accoring to the .fvr files found in
      your ../NoteTab/Favorites/ folder. just like the Favorites menu.

      > * Is Notetab configurable with non-Latin fonts and or unicode
      > (I have tried a bit, but I didn't get very far.

      NoteTab displays fixed-width fonts of the Windows type. Put the
      font in Windows/font and if NoteTab does not display it then it
      no workie. That's about all the help I can offer there.

      Happy NoteTabbin',

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab
      NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro.....
      http://www.notetab.com

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 6 12:48 AM
        Hi Kay,

        >> You can sort Favorites in the Favorites Dialog by using the
        >> down/up arrows.
        >
        >There is also a sort on the right click menu in the Fav
        >dialog.

        LOL - you know, I said to myself, "Self, you better check the
        content menu before you write all this stuff up," and guess what
        I forgot to do. <g> I don't sort mine because of I like to put
        them in a order of most used (or by topic like I do my clips) so
        I never had the need to go looking.

        Well, at any rate we got to see you post again and he got
        answered. :)

        Thanks!
        jody

      • Kay Roath
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 6 2:37 AM
          07/05/1999 9:22 PM Jody wrote
          >> * how do I alphabetically sort both favorites and quick list

          > You can sort Favorites in the Favorites Dialog by using the
          > down/up arrows.

          There is also a sort on the right click menu in the Fav
          dialog.

          >> * Is Notetab configurable with non-Latin fonts and or unicode
          >> (I have tried a bit, but I didn't get very far.

          > NoteTab displays fixed-width fonts of the Windows type. Put the
          > font in Windows/font and if NoteTab does not display it then it
          > no workie.

          Std displays many more fonts than Pro.

          --- Grandma Kay ---

        • Kay Roath
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 6 2:27 PM
            07/06/1999 12:48 AM Jody wrote
            >>There is also a sort on the right click menu in the Fav
            >>dialog.

            > I don't sort mine because of I like to put
            > them in a order of most used.....

            Ditto but one of those little things that makes a program
            special is the thought put into the right click menu.
            NoteTab is my standard there and few of my other programs
            come close!

            > Well, at any rate we got to see you post again and he got
            > answered. :)

            Taking a break from a nightmare programming project.
            Actually, it's the project manager that's certainly not on
            my favorites list but NoteTab helps keep me sane :)

            I doubt that this will interest anyone else but you never
            know.....

            I'm programming in Clipper (DOS based) and it's been awhile
            so I need to check syntax using a Norton Guide (DOS based).
            With Win Explorer open in Win98, the program won't execute.
            There are other problems also but to make a long story
            shorter........:)
            I have a decompiler that creates text files containing the
            info in the Guides. I took those files & put them in an
            outline with a clip that gets the headers and gives me a
            wizard where I can start typing what I want to check and see
            everything I want to know very quickly :) Eric, thanks
            again for the font option in Info boxes!

            --- Grandma Kay ---