[NTB] Re: Word Wrap and lines length

  • Carl Swann
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 1999
      BONG wrote:

      > There's a document. When Word Wrap is off it looks okay: all the text lines
      > are of similar length. However, the lines are too long even if the document
      > is maximized. So I'm forced to use Word Wrap. Once the feature is on, the
      > lines become of various length and the document is very hard to read. How do
      > I keep the document neat when Word Wrap is on?

      Here are a couple of quick clips to neaten text. The first requires
      you to highlight a particular paragraph or sentence; then run this
      clip

      Paragraph fixer
      ^!ToolBar Join Lines
      ^!ToolBar Split Lines
      ^!Jump Line_start

      If your entire document needs pretty-fying, use the next clip; (be
      advised that you need a hard line between paragraphs or you'll end up
      with one large paragraph)

      Quick Wrap
      ^!TOOLBAR Select All
      ^!SetColumnWrap 70
      ^!TOOLBAR Join Lines
      ^!TOOLBAR Left Align
      ^!TOOLBAR Split Lines
      ^!JUMP Line_Start

      Naturally, you can insert extra commands (like Modify| Spaces| Single
      Space ...or others) to effect any particular tweaking you may want.

      I realize this probably should be on the [Clip] list, but these
      commands are "newbie-fresh" -- and can be improved upon by newcomers
      to NoteTabbin'!!

      oOOo-(_)-oOOo

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 1999
        Hi Carl,

        > I realize this probably should be on the [Clip] list, but these
        > commands are "newbie-fresh" -- and can be improved upon by
        > newcomers to NoteTabbin'!!

        I understand they are simple to a lot of people that edit or use
        clips. Please do not post any clips to the Basic list though in
        the future. You are from the begining of the lists way back on
        firehouse.org I believe which was the first of three we have been
        on and when there was only one list. This is from the current
        Welcome Letter:

        Please, DO NOT send any attachments whatsoever to the any of the
        NoteTab mailing lists. There is no problem with providing a
        link for those who want it to go get it.

        Also, please be considerate and delete all text in replies that
        is not needed. There are many of the subscribers that have to
        pay for their online time or by the kb and this costs them money
        to only get something they already saw.

        The NoteTab Basic List is for discussion of general NoteTab
        related questions. Please send all posts that you may think
        need a clip built to the NoteTab Clips List and post all clips
        to that list as well.

        Please keep the discussion to NoteTab only and not other software
        unless used for the discussion on how to use NoteTab.

        c ya,
        jody

        I can only please one person a day.
        Today is obviously not your day.