[NTB] Alphabetical sort of Favorites/Quick List

  • larrys@vicnet.net.au
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 1999
      It's a while since I posted, but

      * how do I alphabetically sort both favorites and quick list

      * Is Notetab configurable with non-Latin fonts and or unicode (I have tried a bit, but I didn't get very far..

      Larry Stillman

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5, 1999
        Hi Larry,

        > * how do I alphabetically sort both favorites and quick list

        You can sort Favorites in the Favorites Dialog by using the
        down/up arrows. They will display that way on the drop down
        menus. I only tested this next method with one .fvr file and one
        shifting one favorite up. It is up to you to test further - you
        are at your own risk. :) I don't see where it should cause any
        problems though. Anyway, if you open a .fvr file in NoteTab,
        select it and the use the sort acending tool it will do it for
        you in some cases like when they are all in the same directory.
        In other works it will sort by path and not the file itself
        unless the paths are the same.

        My quick list is sorted alphabetically from what I can see - I
        checked the different viewing features. The one that doesn't is
        the Favorites view. It sorts accoring to the .fvr files found in
        your ../NoteTab/Favorites/ folder. just like the Favorites menu.

        > * Is Notetab configurable with non-Latin fonts and or unicode
        > (I have tried a bit, but I didn't get very far.

        NoteTab displays fixed-width fonts of the Windows type. Put the
        font in Windows/font and if NoteTab does not display it then it
        no workie. That's about all the help I can offer there.

        Happy NoteTabbin',

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab
        NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro.....
        http://www.notetab.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 6, 1999
          Hi Kay,

          >> You can sort Favorites in the Favorites Dialog by using the
          >> down/up arrows.
          >
          >There is also a sort on the right click menu in the Fav
          >dialog.

          LOL - you know, I said to myself, "Self, you better check the
          content menu before you write all this stuff up," and guess what
          I forgot to do. <g> I don't sort mine because of I like to put
          them in a order of most used (or by topic like I do my clips) so
          I never had the need to go looking.

          Well, at any rate we got to see you post again and he got
          answered. :)

          Thanks!
          jody

        • Kay Roath
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 6, 1999
            07/05/1999 9:22 PM Jody wrote
            >> * how do I alphabetically sort both favorites and quick list

            > You can sort Favorites in the Favorites Dialog by using the
            > down/up arrows.

            There is also a sort on the right click menu in the Fav
            dialog.

            >> * Is Notetab configurable with non-Latin fonts and or unicode
            >> (I have tried a bit, but I didn't get very far.

            > NoteTab displays fixed-width fonts of the Windows type. Put the
            > font in Windows/font and if NoteTab does not display it then it
            > no workie.

            Std displays many more fonts than Pro.

            --- Grandma Kay ---

          • Kay Roath
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 6, 1999
              07/06/1999 12:48 AM Jody wrote
              >>There is also a sort on the right click menu in the Fav
              >>dialog.

              > I don't sort mine because of I like to put
              > them in a order of most used.....

              Ditto but one of those little things that makes a program
              special is the thought put into the right click menu.
              NoteTab is my standard there and few of my other programs
              come close!

              > Well, at any rate we got to see you post again and he got
              > answered. :)

              Taking a break from a nightmare programming project.
              Actually, it's the project manager that's certainly not on
              my favorites list but NoteTab helps keep me sane :)

              I doubt that this will interest anyone else but you never
              know.....

              I'm programming in Clipper (DOS based) and it's been awhile
              so I need to check syntax using a Norton Guide (DOS based).
              With Win Explorer open in Win98, the program won't execute.
              There are other problems also but to make a long story
              shorter........:)
              I have a decompiler that creates text files containing the
              info in the Guides. I took those files & put them in an
              outline with a clip that gets the headers and gives me a
              wizard where I can start typing what I want to check and see
              everything I want to know very quickly :) Eric, thanks
              again for the font option in Info boxes!

              --- Grandma Kay ---