[NTB] Re: Notetab commentary

  • BONG
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 1999
      >It's also incredibly fast and lightweight.

      Frankly, for some lightning fast typing I still use Notepad. Even those
      several seconds of waiting for NoteTab to load are too much for me. So
      Notetab is fast but not incredibly fast.

      BONG
      http://bong.quakecity.net/

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 1999
        Hi BONG,

        > Frankly, for some lightning fast typing I still use Notepad.
        > Even those several seconds of waiting for NoteTab to load are
        > too much for me. So Notetab is fast but not incredibly fast.

        Try doing a Find and Replace using NoteTab Pro and compare it
        with any of its competitors. You will find NoteTab Pro
        "incredibly fast" doing that and other things as well.

        As you noted though, opening it is a different story, but like
        myself many others keep it open anytime the computer is on so it
        is not an issue with us. I believe you will find that the
        opening time is comparable or faster than any or at least most
        editors near its class. Now, as far as "lightning fast typing"
        goes, that is only in my dreams. :)

        Happy Camper,
        Jody Adair
        Prov. 15:15

        Clean-Funnies
        mailto:CF@...?Subject=subscribe

      • Raymond Fitzgerald
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 1999
          Hi all,

          Jody wrote:

          >Try doing a Find and Replace using NoteTab Pro and compare it
          >with any of its competitors. You will find NoteTab Pro
          >"incredibly fast" doing that and other things as well.

          As an example, on a P400 it took HomeSite 80 seconds to find 1054 matches on
          disk. NoteTab needed just 20 seconds.

          Cheers,
          Ray