[NTB] Re: Tabs to Spaces

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27 2:44 PM
      Hi Larry,

      > I wonder if anyone has noticed. I have done an experiment and
      > NoteTab's Modify | Spaces | Tabs to Spaces will convert tabs to
      > the exact number of spaces needed to fix document columns based
      > on the tab positions at the time you do the conversion.
      >
      > Interesting and useful.

      Very useful for printing. However, it will not align right
      depending on how wide the data is in *each* column. For instance
      if you have data in columns of varying widths so that it is not
      aligned evenly with one real tab it will no align on say the
      first row, but each row is done separately. If you add extra
      real tabs to make the spacing look right it will not come out
      aligned after the tabs are converted to spaces.

      I have a clip I use to convert tabs to spaces that uses the first
      line to align everything else on, at least that is the way I think
      I made it - haha. I do know that everything is spaced evenly
      for printing after I run it.

      Bye for now,
      Jody Adair
      Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23