[NTB] Eric's new project

  • S. Lee
    Message 1 of 26 , Jun 16, 1999
      I know some of you use Postie within NoteTab. Is this something that can be
      added to NTB.

      From the Postie Site:
      PostieX (feature-list) is a Windows component that includes most of the
      functionality needed to email-enable an application. It is based on the
      POSTIE source code.

      http://www.infradig.com/ipostiex.html

    • Aceron@col.com.ph
      Message 2 of 26 , Jun 16, 1999
        Hello everyone,

        I was reading through the Help files about clips and this is what I found:

        Executes the specified Clip in the current library. Do not attempt to call
        clip items recursively or NoteTab will freeze in a never-ending loop (if
        this happens, you can press the Ctrl+Alt keys together to stop the
        execution). You can insert text in a Clip item by using an optional second
        parameter – this will make the Clipbook behave in the same way as if that
        text had been selected in a document. You must place double quotes around
        the Clip name if you want to specify text criteria or if the Clip name
        contains one or more blank spaces.
        The following example will activate the Clip item called "Explorer":
        ^!Clip Explorer

        So, now I have a question.

        How do you use clips? You know, how do you execute clips?

        --
        Richard Glenn R. Aceron
        Aceron@...

        "'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove
        all doubt." - =|:-)=

      • Aceron@col.com.ph
        Message 3 of 26 , Jun 16, 1999
          Hello Kay,

          At 02:15 AM 6/17/99 -0700, you wrote:

          >You can double click on them (single if you mark Single
          >Click to Paste in Options|Clipbook).
          >
          >You can press the Escape key and pick a clip from the drop
          >down list or start typing the name until you get to the one
          >you want.
          >
          >If a clip is already highlighted, you can press
          >Ctrl+SpaceBar to execute it.
          >
          >You can type the name of a clip in a document (following a
          >space or some other word delimeter) and press F2. Actually,
          >all you need to type is as much of the name as is unique to
          >the clip you want.
          >
          >And then there are the auto-correct clipbooks - use one of
          >the options listed above to execute the 'About this library'
          >clip in the 'HTML-ar' clipbook.
          >
          >When you decide to start making your own clips, there's
          >another list just for help with that :) (The part about
          >recursive calls is for clip programmers. When you're
          >executing clips, all you need to remember is Ctrl+Alt in
          >case you need to stop a clip.)
          >
          >--- Grandma Kay ---
          >Introduction to NoteTab Clip Programming
          > http://notetab.kay.net

          Well, I finally have opened one of the HTML clips from the Libraries
          folder. Now what should I do with it?

          Message 4 of 26 , Jun 16, 1999
            Hello once again Kay,

            At 04:26 AM 6/17/99 -0700, you wrote:

            <snip>

            >Open a new document and start clicking on those names.
            >If you're familiar with HTML, the HTML Clipbook is a good
            >one to start trying. It will put HTML code into your
            >current document (that's why you want to be sure you start
            >with a blank document before trying the clips). It's really
            >even better if you close all open documents while you're
            >getting used to using clips & just work with one blank doc
            >until you're familiar with how they work. If you're
            >not into HTML, try the AutoCorrect Clipbook.

            <snip>

            Oh, so that's how you work with clips. Now, I just want to say thank you.
            Where would we all be now if it weren't for the kind of helpful people like
            you on mailing lists?

            Message 5 of 26 , Jun 17, 1999
              Hi Aceron,

              > How do you use clips? You know, how do you execute clips?

              Here's the short answer:

              Click or double click on a clip to execute it depending on what
              you have your option set for.

              Here is a longer discussion from the start:

              Don't get too hung up on what some of the terminology means below
              except for Clipbook, Libraries, and clips for now.

              The Clipbook is what contains Clipbook Libraries. Each of the
              Libraries contain Clips. Clips can contain data that will paste
              into the document, commands and functions to do things, or a
              combination of both. Some clips bring up dialogs asking for user
              input.

              When NoteTab is started for the first time a bar at the bottom of
              the screen is there called the Libraries Bar or sometimes
              referred to as the Button Bar. This can be used to switch to
              different Libraries very easily and quickly by depressing the
              Button for the Library you want to use. If you closed it simply
              pull down the View menu and choose Libraries Bar. The Clipbook
              may be closed by pressing on the depressed Button for the active
              Library.

              In Options there is a feature under the clipbook tab called
              "Single Click to Paste." When this is checked you may execute
              clips by clicking on them one time, a single click. When it is
              not checked you will need to double click a Clip to execute it.
              Once a Clip has been used it can be executed again by pressing
              Ctrl and the Spacebar as long as you do not leave that Library.
              If another Clip is executed it will then execute by pressing
              Ctrl+Spacebar.

              You may also use the "In Context" feature by pressing the ESC key,
              but I won't go into that now.

              To discuss how to make a Clip sign up for the NoteTab Clips list
              or if you need help on Clips you are working on. Hopefully you
              will be able to send us some fine Clips in the future on that
              list.

              Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...

              Happy NoteTabbin',

              http://www.sureword.com/notetab
              NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro.....
              http://www.notetab.com

            • Kay Roath
              Message 6 of 26 , Jun 17, 1999
                06/16/1999 1:34 PM Aceron@... wrote

                Message 7 of 26 , Jun 17, 1999
                  06/16/1999 6:59 PM Aceron@... wrote

                  > Well, I finally have opened one of the HTML clips from the Libraries
                  > folder. Now what should I do with it?

                  You probably opened a Library as a document. If you see
                  some tabs at the bottom of your NoteTab screen, those are
                  Clipbook Libraries. If you don't see the tabs, go to the
                  View Menu & select Options. Click on the Clipbook tab and
                  mark Show Button Icons.

                  You can select clipbooks using those tabs.

                  Next, go to the Tools Menu and under Clipbook Properties,
                  make sure Dock Left Side is checked and Hide Clipbook is not
                  checked.

                  You can change those later to whatever suits you but that
                  will give us the same view of things :)

                  On the far left side you should see a box that has a drop
                  down list at the top and a list of names under that.
                  The drop down at the top is another way to select Clipbooks.
                  The list under it contains the names of the clips in the
                  current Clipbook.

                  Open a new document and start clicking on those names.
                  If you're familiar with HTML, the HTML Clipbook is a good
                  one to start trying. It will put HTML code into your
                  current document (that's why you want to be sure you start
                  with a blank document before trying the clips). It's really
                  even better if you close all open documents while you're
                  getting used to using clips & just work with one blank doc
                  until you're familiar with how they work. If you're
                  not into HTML, try the AutoCorrect Clipbook.

                  There are a number of people on the list who have to pay
                  access fees while downloading messages. Please delete as
                  much as possible of the original message when you reply.

                  --- Grandma Kay ---
                  http://notetab.kay.net

                • Kay Roath
                  Message 8 of 26 , Jun 17, 1999
                    06/16/1999 8:48 PM Aceron@... wrote

                    > Oh, so that's how you work with clips.

                    It's all real easy to do but a bit difficult to explain.
                    One of the great things about the list is that lots of
                    people will tell you the same things in different ways.

                    I first encountered 'new' math in college & would sit all
                    week listening to my professor say things that totally
                    confused me. Then I'd go home on the weekends & my high
                    school algebra teacher would explain the whole week in a few
                    words that made that little bulb over my head light up. I
                    aced the class and never did understand anything that
                    professor said :)

                    Practically everything you need to know is in the Help file
                    and done very well. The problem is getting to the info in
                    the right sequence to understand what it's saying about what
                    you want to do right now. You'll be amazed at how quickly
                    it all falls into place after you get over the first few
                    humps & be one of the ones answering the questions on the
                    list before you know it :)

                    --- Grandma Kay ---
                    http://notetab.kay.net

                    Message 9 of 26 , Jun 17, 1999
                      I unsubscribed from this email group and I still get email. I received a
                      confirmation from the group saying I unsubscribed successfully.

                      Kay Roath wrote:

                      > 06/16/1999 8:48 PM Aceron@... wrote
                      >
                      > > Oh, so that's how you work with clips.
                      >
                      > It's all real easy to do but a bit difficult to explain.
                      > One of the great things about the list is that lots of
                      > people will tell you the same things in different ways.
                      >
                      > I first encountered 'new' math in college & would sit all
                      > week listening to my professor say things that totally
                      > confused me. Then I'd go home on the weekends & my high
                      > school algebra teacher would explain the whole week in a few
                      > words that made that little bulb over my head light up. I
                      > aced the class and never did understand anything that
                      > professor said :)
                      >
                      > Practically everything you need to know is in the Help file
                      > and done very well. The problem is getting to the info in
                      > the right sequence to understand what it's saying about what
                      > you want to do right now. You'll be amazed at how quickly
                      > it all falls into place after you get over the first few
                      > humps & be one of the ones answering the questions on the
                      > list before you know it :)
                      >
                      > --- Grandma Kay ---
                      > Introduction to NoteTab Clip Programming
                      > http://notetab.kay.net

                      > eGroups Spotlight:
                      > "Lightning Strike Survivor List" - on-line support group for lightning strike
                      > survivors and their families. http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/111
                      >
                      > eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab

                      SBCC Software
                      Http://users.ev1.net/~jsplummer/sbcc/

                      Get the latest and greatest software at below retail.

                      Message 10 of 26 , Jun 17, 1999
                        Hi SBCC,

                        > I unsubscribed from this email group and I still get email. I
                        > received a confirmation from the group saying I unsubscribed
                        > successfully.

                        I'll look into it - it appears somebody is playing games with
                        you. I'll just ban you from the list and that will take cae of
                        it. You will have to right me if you ever want back on.

                        Bye for now,
                        Jody Adair
                        Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

                        http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
                        http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
                        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

                      • Brian Binder
                        Message 11 of 26 , Mar 1, 2002
                          I understand that there is a section that is based for Clips discusstions exclusively.

                          This question is pretty general, so I wanted to just give it a quick ask.

                          I would like to use Clips, as that's what seeme to put your product over the top compared with other text editors.

                          But...are clips to be added to a document or HTML or ??? Do I have to use a specific document-type to make them work.

                          I mean, do you actually copy and paste in a clip so that when you save an HTML file for instance, another user can see the clip you have produced, as long as they use NoteTab?

                          Then they can launch the clip like a link?

                          I am confused on them, so I thought I would ask. I hope you guys understand what I am talking about. I know that when I type something up, I can use clips to calculate and FTP, and the like.

                          I guess the questions is...are they actually incorporated into the document you are typing? Maybe by means of copying and pasting, or ???

                          Or are they simply there so you can have them on the side of your screen to use as utilities so that you don't have to exit the program while you are typing something up?

                          Any help greatly appreciated.

                          Thanx!

                          Brian

                        • Don Passenger
                          Message 12 of 26 , Mar 1, 2002
                            > I guess the questions is...are they actually incorporated into the
                            document you are typing? Maybe by means of copying and pasting, or ???

                            > Or are they simply there so you can have them on the side of your screen
                            to use as utilities so that you don't have to exit the program while you are
                            typing something up?

                            I would say the answer is no .... *grin*

                            When you make a clip it is saved on your machine as a "utility" macro that
                            can be used to do something. There is nothing embedded into your document
                            per se. A person receiving the file doesn't get the clip because you used a
                            clip to make it.

                            This is different, for example, then Microsoft macro's which can be embedded
                            in documents ... resulting in a hackers dream ... because when you open the
                            file the macro can fire.

                            Where you might get confused is that a clip can by typed out and if I give
                            you the clip you can copy it to the clipboard and make it into a clip on
                            your machine.

                            I hope that helps.

                            Don
                          • Brian Binder
                            Message 13 of 26 , Mar 1, 2002
                              Thanx for the reply.

                              I see what you mean about the clip being not embedded into documents, but then what is the point of the clip?

                              I just want to make sure that I understand them. I can look at the "Utilities" on the bottom of the screen. Those are examples of Clips, right?

                              Now if I look at Windows Utilities and double-click "Explorer", explorer launches on my system. Is that the point, or is it supposed to be put somewhere in the document. Is it a shortcut instead of actually navigating to Explorer? That's what I mean.

                              You can use the clips on the "Clip Assistant" to perform tasks, right? For example...I can go to "Specific Commands", then "Email"

                              It comes up with a dialog box...I fill in the blanks and when I am done, I get this in my document:

                              !Email bbinder@...;Testing;+

                              That is the point of that? How do I use that clip to do anything? Should it have automatically mailed? Is it for use in an HTML file to act as a link to mail me something? That's what I am getting confused on.

                              Sorry for the hassle on this; I'm just trying to understand them better. I feel at a disadvantage at this point for not using them.

                              Brian

                              > I guess the questions is...are they actually incorporated into the
                              document you are typing? Maybe by means of copying and pasting, or ???

                              > Or are they simply there so you can have them on the side of your screen
                              to use as utilities so that you don't have to exit the program while you are
                              typing something up?

                              I would say the answer is no .... *grin*

                              When you make a clip it is saved on your machine as a "utility" macro that
                              can be used to do something. There is nothing embedded into your document
                              per se. A person receiving the file doesn't get the clip because you used a
                              clip to make it.

                              This is different, for example, then Microsoft macro's which can be embedded
                              in documents ... resulting in a hackers dream ... because when you open the
                              file the macro can fire.

                              Where you might get confused is that a clip can by typed out and if I give
                              you the clip you can copy it to the clipboard and make it into a clip on
                              your machine.

                              I hope that helps.

                              Don

                            • Clint Tredway
                              Message 14 of 26 , Mar 1, 2002
                                Hello brian.. I am a web developer and I use clips to automate my code building. I have all sorts of clips that help me code. That is one intention of a 'clip'. It is basically just a macro that you build to help you accomplish a task, whatever that may be.

                                HTH
                                Clint

                                Message 15 of 26 , Mar 1, 2002
                                  > I see what you mean about the clip being not embedded into documents, but
                                  then what is the point of the clip?

                                  Well I quit early on my explanation. The output of the clip can be inserted
                                  into the document. So if the clip is insert an html link for example, then
                                  the document recieves the html for a link when executed, but the clip that
                                  did it isn't inserted, only the output from the clip.
                                • Brian Binder
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Mar 1, 2002
                                    Thank you Clint and Don for the help on this.

                                    So if i understand rigt, I have to know a little bit about HTML programming, correct?

                                    If I use the email address, as previously stated, I can reference that to a HTML link and the clip will fill in the blank?

                                    Like clicking on a web page's "Mail Webmaster" button. This will automatically fill in the text of "bbinder@..." as being the webmaster's email address?

                                    Is that right? I don't want to sound like a moron, but I don't do a huge amount of programming; but am interested in learning about it as well as how these clips can help me with it.

                                    Do you guys have any examples you can zip and email to me? I mean like an HTML file that references how you used your clips to do some of your work.

                                    Even just a test page with a few lines.

                                    > I see what you mean about the clip being not embedded into documents, but
                                    then what is the point of the clip?

                                    Well I quit early on my explanation. The output of the clip can be inserted
                                    into the document. So if the clip is insert an html link for example, then
                                    the document recieves the html for a link when executed, but the clip that
                                    did it isn't inserted, only the output from the clip.

                                  • Julie G
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Mar 1, 2002
                                      Hi Brian,

                                      Clips are a way of automating repetitive tasks and can be used for many,
                                      many different things. I use clips to
                                      Format email
                                      create/edit HTML
                                      FTP
                                      format recipes for import into a recipe database
                                      open a journal and prepare the day's entry for me
                                      transfer specific files to a floppy/zip disk
                                      open a wizard that lets me choose the Yahoo group and specific page to open
                                      for groups I moderate
                                      Copy/paste/dial phone numbers for pick up reminders for the elementary
                                      school (if it only would leave a message for me too!)

                                      and this is just the few I came up with off the top of my head! I tend to
                                      modify existing clips to my liking, having not yet mastered the more
                                      complicated clip language.

                                      The "Clip Class" lessons are ready and waiting for you when you're ready to
                                      use them ~sez the clip class dropout <G>~.

                                      Julie

                                      Brian Binder asked about clips...

                                      >Then they can launch the clip like a link?
                                      >
                                      >I am confused on them, so I thought I would ask. I hope you guys
                                      >understand what I am talking about. I know that when I type something up,
                                      >I can use clips to calculate and FTP, and the like.
                                      >
                                      >I guess the questions is...are they actually incorporated into the
                                      >document you are typing? Maybe by means of copying and pasting, or ???
                                      >
                                      >Or are they simply there so you can have them on the side of your screen
                                      >to use as utilities so that you don't have to exit the program while you
                                      >are typing something up?
                                      >
                                      >Any help greatly appreciated.
                                      >
                                      >Thanx!
                                    • Brian Binder
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Mar 1, 2002
                                        Thanx for the reply.

                                        Let me ask, when you are using your clips, how exactly are you using them? I know I probably sound totally stupid, but how?

                                        Are you doing it simply by double-clicking one of them on the side of your page in Notetab, where you have quick access to your clips? Or do you do it in a different fashion?

                                        Thanx for the response.

                                        Much appreciated!

                                        Message 19 of 26 , Mar 1, 2002
                                          It varies depending on what I'm doing. Most of the time I don't have the
                                          Clipbook open, but use either a ClipBar that contains my most used clips
                                          for quick clicking OR use the in-context clipbook by pressing the escape key.

                                          Julie

                                          Brian Binder wrote:

                                          >Thanx for the reply.
                                          >
                                          >Let me ask, when you are using your clips, how exactly are you using
                                          >them? I know I probably sound totally stupid, but how?
                                          >
                                          >Are you doing it simply by double-clicking one of them on the side of your
                                          >page in Notetab, where you have quick access to your clips? Or do you do
                                          >it in a different fashion?
                                          >
                                          >Thanx for the response.
                                          >
                                          >Much appreciated!

                                          __
                                          The stuff of Earth competes for the allegiance
                                          I owe only to the Giver of all good things
                                          - "If I Stand", Rich Mullins
                                        • Jim Hall
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Mar 1, 2002
                                            Brian,

                                            At 01:07 PM 3/1/2002 -0600, you wrote:
                                            >I understand that there is a section that is based for Clips discusstions
                                            >exclusively.
                                            >
                                            >This question is pretty general, so I wanted to just give it a quick ask.
                                            >
                                            >I would like to use Clips, as that's what seeme to put your product over
                                            >the top compared with other text editors.
                                            >
                                            >But...are clips to be added to a document or HTML or ??? Do I have to use
                                            >a specific document-type to make them work.

                                            >Any help greatly appreciated.

                                            There are 5 Basic types of Clips and each are used for different things in
                                            different ways.

                                            You will find a Basic Tutorial you can download at

                                            http://www.jimbow.com/

                                            Which explains the different types and what they are used for.

                                            You can find more info on Clip Writing in the Help Menu and at:

                                            http://www.notetab.net/
                                            (All kinds of neat goodies)

                                            Or by Subscribing to the following:

                                            The NoteTab Clips List................. ntb-Clips-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                                            The NoteTab ClipsClass List............ ntb-ClipClass-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                                            General Info for Newguys:

                                            Please note that there are NoteTab lists for various uses of NoteTab and
                                            comments and questions should generally be posted to the appropriate list.
                                            (Lest one suffer 1000 wet noodle lashings for posting a question to the
                                            wrong list)

                                            Clips Questions should be posted to the above lists where you will find
                                            more help than Carter has little liver pills.

                                            Below are all of the NoteTab user lists and you can subscribe to all and
                                            can elect to receive individual e-mails, a daily digest, or no mail - web
                                            viewing only.

                                            I think that you will find all of the lists to be informative and helpful
                                            beyond your imagination.

                                            http://www.fookes.com
                                            http://www.notetab.com
                                            http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/notetab
                                            http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/ntb-nextrelease
                                            http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/ntb-clips
                                            http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/ntb-clipclass
                                            http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/ntb-html
                                            http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/ntb-offtopic
                                            http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/ntb-announcements
                                            http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/album-express
                                            http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/mailbag
                                            http://www.yahoogroups.com/list/fs-nextrelease

                                            Hope this gives you an idea of what direction to go from here.

                                            Regards,

                                            Jim

                                            Message 21 of 26 , Mar 1, 2002
                                              Hi Brian,

                                              You can double-click on a Clip to execute it or single click if
                                              you have the option checked under the Clipbook tab in Options.

                                              You can sign up for the Clips list if you would like. Please see
                                              my signature line to subscribe to it. If you go to yahoo.groups
                                              on the web you can go through the messages to get an idea of how
                                              Clips can be used which is a lot of tasks.

                                              >Let me ask, when you are using your clips, how exactly are you
                                              >using them? I know I probably sound totally stupid, but how?
                                              >
                                              >Are you doing it simply by double-clicking one of them on the
                                              >side of your page in Notetab, where you have quick access to your
                                              >clips? Or do you do it in a different fashion?

                                              Happy Clip'n!

                                              Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
                                            • hsavage
                                              Message 22 of 26 , Mar 1, 2002
                                                On 3/1/02 1:25 PM, Brian Binder wrote:

                                                >Thanx for the reply.
                                                >
                                                >I see what you mean about the clip being not embedded into documents, but then what is the point of the clip?
                                                >
                                                >I just want to make sure that I understand them. I can look at the "Utilities" on the bottom of the screen. Those are examples of Clips, right?
                                                >
                                                >Now if I look at Windows Utilities and double-click "Explorer", explorer launches on my system. Is that the point, or is it supposed to be put somewhere in the document. Is it a shortcut instead of actually navigating to Explorer? That's what I mean.
                                                >

                                                >Brian

                                                Hi Brian,

                                                Let me try to add to the others, it may help. If you've been around
                                                long enough to have used batch files or have programmed a key sequence
                                                in a software product you have a small idea of Clips(Clip Language).

                                                Clips are like batch files and keyboard macros on steroids.

                                                Below is an instructional website authored by some of the list members,
                                                could be very helpful, and 2 other lists you might consider joining.
                                                There is a ClipClass.clb, clipbook file, containing about a dozens
                                                lessons, I think, you should download it but I don't have the location
                                                of it. I'm sure one of the other listmembers would be happy to furnish
                                                the address.

                                                http://www.bestfoot.com/notetab/html/

                                                ntb-Clips-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                                                ntb-ClipClass-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                                                I'll try to answer a couple of the questions and comments above. This
                                                is an attempt to help make things a little clearer.

                                                To begin, the comment about clips or clip commands being embedded,
                                                No, I think, for the most part they aren't embedded but, they can be. A
                                                file with clip commands embedded is more rightly called a *template. *
                                                When a template is loaded the clip commands activate to transform the
                                                file into a finished product.

                                                As an example, I use a template to maintain and add pages to a website I
                                                look after. After I enter the available info into a clip, the clip loads
                                                the template and furnishes the information in %variable% form to
                                                retrieve jpg's(pictures) I have prepositioned and named in sequence, it
                                                also checks the dimensions of each jpg prior to loading so they will
                                                display in the proper size and orientation, landscape or portrait
                                                orientation, and adds the filename and dimensions to the appropriate
                                                place in the html template. As if by magic, in about a second and a
                                                half I have a completed webpage.

                                                The point of clips is to do repetitive jobs easily and automatically.
                                                To name a few, you can manipulate text, build html pages, get
                                                directories listings, change file attributes, rename, move and delete
                                                files. I haven't actually run across anything I've decided to try that
                                                I can't do with NoteTab.

                                                The Utilities at the bottom of the edit window are clipbook tabs, when
                                                you click on one a vertical window should open on the left side of the
                                                screen. Each entry in that vertical list is a clip with each one
                                                designed for a different job.

                                                To sum up, start with the Clipclass and ask questions, eventually you'll
                                                come up with your own ways of using Clips.

                                                hrs
                                              • Brian Binder
                                                Message 23 of 26 , Mar 1, 2002
                                                  This absolutely helps me out a great deal. I have read a few of the web sites, but sometimes I need it broken down step by step or need a specific question answered.

                                                  You guys did a great job and I thank all of you who helped me out with this.

                                                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                                                  <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=215002.1818248.3328688.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705007389:HM/A=847665/R=0/*http://ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vbW9uc3RlcjcuZGF0=1015021040%3eM=215002.1818248.3328688.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705007389:HM/A=847665/R=1>
                                                  <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=215002.1818248.3328688.1261774/D=egroupmail/S=1705007389:HM/A=847665/rand=128063308>

                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Mar 1, 2002
                                                    Hi Brian, Harvey, Jim, and Others,

                                                    Thanks for the mention of my ClipClass and my NoteTabbers
                                                    Assistant pages at http://www.notetab.net (I will update the
                                                    initial part of the class to mention some of your stuff Jim since
                                                    you say the same thing, but in a different way ;) - TIA.)

                                                    >This absolutely helps me out a great deal. I have read a few of
                                                    >the web sites, but sometimes I need it broken down step by step
                                                    >or need a specific question answered.

                                                    The class starts off very basic with step by step help, has some
                                                    screen shots, and builds after that in each lesson. Please do
                                                    not do any Clip discussion or Clip posting to this list which is
                                                    reserved for the very basic use of NoteTab. (The discussion of
                                                    Clips in a basic and general way like has been done so far on
                                                    this list, The NoteTab Basic List, is fine, just no Clip code
                                                    posted please.)

                                                    You can download my Clip Class from the following link and it
                                                    will walk you through, Getting Started (which is a web page with
                                                    a number of images displaying different parts of NoteTab that
                                                    deals with Clipbooks), making a Library, adding Clips, and
                                                    editing Clips, on to more difficult Clips. Be sure to read the
                                                    Introduction also. Open ClipClass.clb and then click on the
                                                    ClipClass Outline Clip to open the Outline.

                                                    All the contents of the zip files go in NoteTab's Libraries folder.
                                                    http://www.notetab.net/clipclass/clipclass.zip

                                                    The NoteTab ClipClass List
                                                    mailto:ntb-ClipClass-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                                                    You can also sign up for the Clips list to get answers to Clip
                                                    questions, but please do not post questions there concerning the
                                                    class, but rather the ClipClass list mentioned above and in the
                                                    in the ClipClass Outline. NoteTab Clips Subscribe & Edit Options:

                                                    http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips

                                                  • Brian Binder
                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Mar 1, 2002
                                                      That was huge everyone. I am not on my way to understanding the power of the "clips" through this program. With features such as this, I don't see how any other text editor can compare.

                                                      I am so bold as to say that I like this MUCH more than any Micro$oft-based text editor, including Word. Even though there are features it has that NoteTab doesn't, I like stability rather than the dazzling effects that Micro$oft tried to present in their products.

                                                      Notetab has too many things to list that are handy for me, and with the introduction to clips that people helped me out with - that just makes this program that much sweeter.

                                                      I must say again, to ALL of you who helped me out with the questions that I had on this subject, THANK YOU! It is very much appreciated.

                                                      Sincerely,

                                                      Brian Binder

                                                      Message 26 of 26 , Mar 16, 2004
                                                        Hi kuutamo,

                                                        At 11:03 AM 3/16/04 -0000, you wrote:
                                                        >Is here clipfiles area?

                                                        You can subscribe by sending an empty post to:

                                                        The NoteTab Clips List............ ntb-Clips-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                                                        Message from Jody Adair to another listmember on the "Basic"
                                                        List dated January 24,2004

                                                        If you sign up for any of the discussion lists, please do *not*
                                                        post questions about Clips and other scripting languages on the
                                                        Basic list. More difficult tasks should be posted on the Clips or
                                                        Scripts lists. HTML should be posted on the HTML list and Off
                                                        Topic discussion takes place on that list. Easy Thumbnails, Easy
                                                        Imager, and Album Express list are for discussion of those
                                                        programs. The most important thing to remember is please leave
                                                        the Basic list for the *very basic* use of NoteTab. The other
                                                        lists are a lot more flexible for instance Clips can be/and are
                                                        welcomed on the HTML list. Thanks!!!

                                                        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

                                                        The NoteTabbers Assistant Page (Useful Libraries and Clips for
                                                        NoteTab, an excellent text and HTML editor): http://www.notetab.net

                                                        END OF JODY'S MESSAGE:

                                                        NoteTab's Clipbook libraries are located at:

                                                        http://www.notetab.com/libraries.php

                                                        Regards,

                                                        Larry
                                                        lrt@... e¿ê