[NTB] Re: NoteTab Pro is a nominee in the 1999 SIA

  • Kai
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 7, 1999
      Well it doesn't matter. NoteTabPro is a great utility. Why complain? It
      works good and that's what counts.

      -Kai

      At 06:30 PM 6/7/99 -0700, you wrote:
      >06/07/1999 12:04 PM Eric G.V. Fookes wrote
      >> Unfortunately, neither version of NoteTab made it for the PC Magazine
      >> Shareware Awards this year......
      >
      >Any idea who was responsible for that & how to complain
      >about it?
      >
      >--- Grandma Kay ---

      >Make the News Come to you!
      >FREE email newsletters sent directly to your in-box
      >USAToday, Forbes, Wired, and more. Sign-up NOW!
      >http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/316
      >

      >eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab

    • Raymond Fitzgerald
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 7, 1999
        Hi Eric and all,

        >NoteTab Pro is a nominee in the 1999 Shareware Industry Awards:
        > http://www.sic.org/awards.html
        >under "Best Web Enhancement or Utility"
        >
        >Unfortunately, neither version of NoteTab made it for the PC Magazine
        >Shareware Awards this year, but you do have an opportunity to cast your
        >vote for the People's Choice Award:
        >
        > http://www.zdnet.com/swlib/zdawards/pchoice99.html

        Congratulations, Eric! That's hard to believe on the other (PC Mag). Anyway,
        NoteTab Pro's got my vote.

        Come on y'all! Note that per Eric's home page, the category in which to vote
        is the "Best Application" category.

        Cheers,
        Ray

      • RS
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 7, 1999
          Hi Ray and All,

          At 07:19 PM 06/07/99 -0500, you wrote:

          >>you do have an opportunity to cast your
          >>vote for the People's Choice Award:
          >>
          >> http://www.zdnet.com/swlib/zdawards/pchoice99.html

          > Congratulations, Eric!

          Yea, BTW, me too!

          >Come on y'all! Note that per Eric's home page, the category in which to vote
          >is the "Best Application" category.

          I didn't know that, so I voted NoteTab on a bunch of categories, including
          "Best Application", as I told Eric.

          Won't hurt, anyway, I guess...

          Regards,

          RS

        • Kay Roath
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 7, 1999

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 8, 1999
              06/07/1999 4:47 PM Kai wrote
              > Well it doesn't matter. NoteTabPro is a great utility. Why complain? It
              > works good and that's what counts.

              Actually, what really counts is whether Eric makes enough
              money to support his family so he can continue his great
              work with NoteTab. Awards are a good way to get the word
              out to lots of people. Shareware is a difficult way to earn
              a living and lots of good programs die because the author
              has to find other ways to generate income.

              > At 06:30 PM 6/7/99 -0700, you wrote:
              >>06/07/1999 12:04 PM Eric G.V. Fookes wrote
              >>> Unfortunately, neither version of NoteTab made it for the PC Magazine
              >>> Shareware Awards this year......
              >>
              >>Any idea who was responsible for that & how to complain
              >>about it?

              --- Grandma Kay ---
              http://notetab.kay.net

            • Eric G.V. Fookes
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 8, 1999
                At 01:25 08/06/99 -0700, you wrote:
                >06/07/1999 4:47 PM Kai wrote
                >> Well it doesn't matter. NoteTabPro is a great utility. Why complain? It
                >> works good and that's what counts.
                >
                >Actually, what really counts is whether Eric makes enough
                >money to support his family so he can continue his great
                >work with NoteTab. Awards are a good way to get the word
                >out to lots of people. Shareware is a difficult way to earn
                >a living and lots of good programs die because the author
                >has to find other ways to generate income.

                That's absolutely correct, especially in a field as competitive as
                text/HTML editors. The PC Magazine award last year really made a
                significant difference in sales volume. In fact, I think it would have been
                good too even if NoteTab Pro had just been a nominee. I'm quite sure I
                would have had to work part-time on some other job if NoteTab had not been
                one of the finalists last year.

                Of course, being a nominee in the 1999 Shareware Industry Awards is good,
                but it has much less impact than the PC Magazine Shareware Awards because
                it does not result in articles in major computer magazines. It's possible
                though that the People's Choice Award might help to produce extra exposure.

                Regards,
                Eric Fookes
                -----------
                NoteTab v4.6a available from

              • Eric G.V. Fookes
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 8, 1999
                  Hi Kay,

                  >> Unfortunately, neither version of NoteTab made it for the PC Magazine
                  >> Shareware Awards this year......
                  >
                  >Any idea who was responsible for that & how to complain
                  >about it?

                  Ah, nice to see I wasn't the only one surprised. I guess the judges weren't
                  aware of the significant changes made to the "brain" of NoteTab. It seems
                  to me that many users just aren't aware of all the possibilities the new
                  features offer.

                  I don't know who the judges are, but probably writing to the webmaster at
                  www.hotfiles.com would get the message forwarded to the appropriate people.

                  Best regards,
                  Eric Fookes

                • Kai
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 8, 1999
                    Eric,

                    Sorry, I hadn't thought of it that way. But, of course, you're right.

                    -Kai