[NTB] Re: Selecting: Light vs Pro

  • Forrest
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 7, 1999
      From: Kay Roath <notetab@...>
      To: <notetab@egroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, June 07, 1999 4:53 PM
      Subject: [NTB] Re: Selecting: Light vs Pro

      > If you double click inside the line, you get
      > word highlighting.

      Now if only I could get it to highlight more than one word at a time...!

      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 7, 1999
        Hi Kay and All,

        > If you double click in the blank area in front of a screen
        > line, the whole line is highlighted.

        It doesn't work like that for me is in Pro, Std, or Light for me.

        In Pro I get the word and trailing space given "Quick Open Links"
        is off. In Pro, to select the line you can place your mouse
        pointer at the far left and when it turns into a right facing
        arrow click.

        Keeping with the idea of how NoteTab works with paragraphs one
        might fine it easier to select a whole paragraph that is soft
        wrapped by pressing Ctrl+W and click once on the left margin when
        the arrow is right. :)

        > If you double click inside the line, you get word highlighting.

        In Pro, the word and the trailing space. If you hold the shift
        key down, place the cursor at the end of the word before the
        space then only the word is selected.

        Now, double clicking on don't only gets don see it as an ending
        punctuation mark I suppose.

        Happy NoteTabbin',

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab
        NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro.....
        http://www.notetab.com

      • RS
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 7, 1999
          Hi Jody, Forrest, and All,

          Thanks Jody for telling me about the "Tools|Quick Open Links", I couldn't
          find the thing in the Options though I looked twice. Looking more times
          wouldn't have made any difference, I guess. It probably isn't there.

          Some long time ago I must have found that option, and set it to Quick
          Links, which was no doubt the right decision, because after trying the
          double-click-to-select-word and Control+Double-Click to launch links for
          half an hour, I was climbing up the walls.

          Suggestions for Eric:

          NoteTab should differentiate when you click on an URL and launch your
          browser, while if it is not an URL it should just highlight the word.

          Also: yes, and no. No, I cannot select a line by triple-clicking. And yes,
          that should be possible. (I wouldn't mind the Control+Double-click here.)

          Regards,

          RS

          ClipWriter.

          http://home.att.net/~ptools/ClipWriter/cw.htm

          http://home.att.net/~ptools/main/index.htm

        • Kay Roath
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 7, 1999
            06/07/1999 3:17 PM Forrest wrote

            Like what it does with Shift+Ctrl+Right Arrow but you want
            to use the mouse?

            --- Grandma Kay ---
            http://notetab.kay.net