[NTB] Re: Selecting: Light vs Pro

  • Forrest
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 7, 1999
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Carl Swann <cswann@...>
      To: <notetab@egroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, June 07, 1999 12:10 PM
      Subject: [NTB] Re: Selecting: Light vs Pro

      > > Just like a click, but without releasing the button. Click-hold =
      standard
      > > text selection, double and triple click usually work as described above.
      > Is this relevant, Forrest??

      It's as relevant as anything else. I certainly know how how to use alternate
      selection methods, but word- and sentence/line-level granularity control (you
      should pardon the expression) is pretty standard* and is very handy. It was
      a similar issue involving a certain pro-level word processor that caused me
      to investigate NT in the first place...

      (* on some platforms it's completely standard, but Microsoft is Microsoft...)

    • Forrest
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 7, 1999
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 7, 1999
          Hi Kay and All,

          > If you double click in the blank area in front of a screen
          > line, the whole line is highlighted.

          It doesn't work like that for me is in Pro, Std, or Light for me.

          In Pro I get the word and trailing space given "Quick Open Links"
          is off. In Pro, to select the line you can place your mouse
          pointer at the far left and when it turns into a right facing
          arrow click.

          Keeping with the idea of how NoteTab works with paragraphs one
          might fine it easier to select a whole paragraph that is soft
          wrapped by pressing Ctrl+W and click once on the left margin when
          the arrow is right. :)

          > If you double click inside the line, you get word highlighting.

          In Pro, the word and the trailing space. If you hold the shift
          key down, place the cursor at the end of the word before the
          space then only the word is selected.

          Now, double clicking on don't only gets don see it as an ending
          punctuation mark I suppose.

          Happy NoteTabbin',

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab
          NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro.....
          http://www.notetab.com

        • RS
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 7, 1999
            Hi Jody, Forrest, and All,

            Thanks Jody for telling me about the "Tools|Quick Open Links", I couldn't
            find the thing in the Options though I looked twice. Looking more times
            wouldn't have made any difference, I guess. It probably isn't there.

            Some long time ago I must have found that option, and set it to Quick
            Links, which was no doubt the right decision, because after trying the
            double-click-to-select-word and Control+Double-Click to launch links for
            half an hour, I was climbing up the walls.

            Suggestions for Eric:

            NoteTab should differentiate when you click on an URL and launch your
            browser, while if it is not an URL it should just highlight the word.

            Also: yes, and no. No, I cannot select a line by triple-clicking. And yes,
            that should be possible. (I wouldn't mind the Control+Double-click here.)

            Regards,

            RS

            ClipWriter.

            http://home.att.net/~ptools/ClipWriter/cw.htm

            http://home.att.net/~ptools/main/index.htm

          • Kay Roath
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 7, 1999
              06/07/1999 3:17 PM Forrest wrote

              Like what it does with Shift+Ctrl+Right Arrow but you want
              to use the mouse?

              --- Grandma Kay ---
              http://notetab.kay.net