[NTB] NoteTab Pro is a nominee in the 1999 SIA

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 7, 1999
      Hi all,

      Here's some good news...

      NoteTab Pro is a nominee in the 1999 Shareware Industry Awards:
      http://www.sic.org/awards.html
      under "Best Web Enhancement or Utility"

      Unfortunately, neither version of NoteTab made it for the PC Magazine
      Shareware Awards this year, but you do have an opportunity to cast your
      vote for the People's Choice Award:

      http://www.zdnet.com/swlib/zdawards/pchoice99.html

      A link to this page is also available from the NoteTab web sites. With your
      support, NoteTab Pro can certainly win this award again :-)

      Thanks!

      Regards,
      Eric Fookes
      -----------
      NoteTab v4.6a available from

    • Kai
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 7, 1999
        Well it doesn't matter. NoteTabPro is a great utility. Why complain? It
        works good and that's what counts.

        -Kai

        At 06:30 PM 6/7/99 -0700, you wrote:
        >06/07/1999 12:04 PM Eric G.V. Fookes wrote
        >> Unfortunately, neither version of NoteTab made it for the PC Magazine
        >> Shareware Awards this year......
        >
        >Any idea who was responsible for that & how to complain
        >about it?
        >
        >--- Grandma Kay ---

        >Make the News Come to you!
        >FREE email newsletters sent directly to your in-box
        >USAToday, Forbes, Wired, and more. Sign-up NOW!
        >http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/316
        >

        >eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab

      • Raymond Fitzgerald
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 7, 1999
          Hi Eric and all,

          >NoteTab Pro is a nominee in the 1999 Shareware Industry Awards:
          > http://www.sic.org/awards.html
          >under "Best Web Enhancement or Utility"
          >
          >Unfortunately, neither version of NoteTab made it for the PC Magazine
          >Shareware Awards this year, but you do have an opportunity to cast your
          >vote for the People's Choice Award:
          >
          > http://www.zdnet.com/swlib/zdawards/pchoice99.html

          Congratulations, Eric! That's hard to believe on the other (PC Mag). Anyway,
          NoteTab Pro's got my vote.

          Come on y'all! Note that per Eric's home page, the category in which to vote
          is the "Best Application" category.

          Cheers,
          Ray

        • RS
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 7, 1999
            Hi Ray and All,

            At 07:19 PM 06/07/99 -0500, you wrote:

            >>you do have an opportunity to cast your
            >>vote for the People's Choice Award:
            >>
            >> http://www.zdnet.com/swlib/zdawards/pchoice99.html

            > Congratulations, Eric!

            Yea, BTW, me too!

            >Come on y'all! Note that per Eric's home page, the category in which to vote
            >is the "Best Application" category.

            I didn't know that, so I voted NoteTab on a bunch of categories, including
            "Best Application", as I told Eric.

            Won't hurt, anyway, I guess...

            Regards,

            RS

          • Kay Roath
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 7, 1999

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 8, 1999
                06/07/1999 4:47 PM Kai wrote
                > Well it doesn't matter. NoteTabPro is a great utility. Why complain? It
                > works good and that's what counts.

                Actually, what really counts is whether Eric makes enough
                money to support his family so he can continue his great
                work with NoteTab. Awards are a good way to get the word
                out to lots of people. Shareware is a difficult way to earn
                a living and lots of good programs die because the author
                has to find other ways to generate income.

                > At 06:30 PM 6/7/99 -0700, you wrote:
                >>06/07/1999 12:04 PM Eric G.V. Fookes wrote
                >>> Unfortunately, neither version of NoteTab made it for the PC Magazine
                >>> Shareware Awards this year......
                >>
                >>Any idea who was responsible for that & how to complain
                >>about it?

                --- Grandma Kay ---
                http://notetab.kay.net

              • Eric G.V. Fookes
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 8, 1999
                  At 01:25 08/06/99 -0700, you wrote:
                  >06/07/1999 4:47 PM Kai wrote
                  >> Well it doesn't matter. NoteTabPro is a great utility. Why complain? It
                  >> works good and that's what counts.
                  >
                  >Actually, what really counts is whether Eric makes enough
                  >money to support his family so he can continue his great
                  >work with NoteTab. Awards are a good way to get the word
                  >out to lots of people. Shareware is a difficult way to earn
                  >a living and lots of good programs die because the author
                  >has to find other ways to generate income.

                  That's absolutely correct, especially in a field as competitive as
                  text/HTML editors. The PC Magazine award last year really made a
                  significant difference in sales volume. In fact, I think it would have been
                  good too even if NoteTab Pro had just been a nominee. I'm quite sure I
                  would have had to work part-time on some other job if NoteTab had not been
                  one of the finalists last year.

                  Of course, being a nominee in the 1999 Shareware Industry Awards is good,
                  but it has much less impact than the PC Magazine Shareware Awards because
                  it does not result in articles in major computer magazines. It's possible
                  though that the People's Choice Award might help to produce extra exposure.

                  Regards,
                  Eric Fookes
                  -----------

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 8, 1999
                    Hi Kay,

                    >> Unfortunately, neither version of NoteTab made it for the PC Magazine
                    >> Shareware Awards this year......
                    >
                    >Any idea who was responsible for that & how to complain
                    >about it?

                    Ah, nice to see I wasn't the only one surprised. I guess the judges weren't
                    aware of the significant changes made to the "brain" of NoteTab. It seems
                    to me that many users just aren't aware of all the possibilities the new
                    features offer.

                    I don't know who the judges are, but probably writing to the webmaster at
                    www.hotfiles.com would get the message forwarded to the appropriate people.

                    Best regards,
                    Eric Fookes

                  • Kai
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 8, 1999
                      Eric,

                      Sorry, I hadn't thought of it that way. But, of course, you're right.

                      -Kai