[NTB] Re: Multilanguage Support

  • Kai
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 7, 1999
      Hello,

      I'm running Win95 and Note Tab Pro. Multilanguage support works for
      Spanish in Note Tab Pro but does not work for Greek. Wordpad, however will
      display the Greek characters properly. Can anyone offer some help with this?

      Thank you,

      -Kai

    • Kay Roath
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 7, 1999
        06/07/1999 9:41 AM Kai wrote

        > Hello,

        > I'm running Win95 and Note Tab Pro. Multilanguage support works for
        > Spanish in Note Tab Pro but does not work for Greek. Wordpad, however will
        > display the Greek characters properly. Can anyone offer some help with this?

        Get the trial version of NoteTab Std & see if it works.
        Because of the input control, the Std version can use more
        fonts than the Pro version but doesn't have the highlighting
        options that Pro has. Many of us use both versions because
        of the slight variations in the way they work :)

        --- Grandma Kay ---
        http://notetab.kay.net

      • djust@netvision.net.il
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 7, 1999
          > Thank you. I'm using 4.6. It's a little different than the instructions
          > you gave. It's View|Options|Documents|Fonts|Scripts. There is a scripts

          No. NTP uses only fixed width fonts. There are some
          workarounds, though, which may help somewhat:
          1. Use NTS for your work with variable width fonts. There's a
          even a free version. For a while I was using NTP for most of my
          work and kept the free version only for Hebrew.
          2. Download some more free fixed width fonts from somewhere.
          Microsoft may have some (free for Windows users), and putting
          different combinations of "+free +fonts +Greek" etc. into the
          search engines should help.
          3. Eric is working on a new version of NoteTab, called NoteTab
          Gold at the moment, which will have a different I/O system. Ask
          him on the group; maybe it will accommodate both fixed and
          variable width fonts.
          Good luck.
          David.

          > The actual Font's selection is very limited. Is there a way to let
          NTB