[NTB] Re: Selecting: Light vs Pro

  • Forrest
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 7, 1999
      From: RS <ptools@...>
      To: <notetab@egroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, June 05, 1999 3:28 PM
      Subject: [NTB] Re: Selecting: Light vs Pro

      > >In NTLight, double-click-and-hold enters select-by-word mode, and
      > >triple-click-and-hold enters select-by-paragraph. NTPro does neither; at
      > >best I can select a single word.
      > I don't know what you mean by "click-and-hold", but holding either the Ctrl
      > or the Shift keys doesn't change the result.

      Just like a click, but without releasing the button. Click-hold = standard
      text selection, double and triple click usually work as described above.

      I guess I'll have to buy NTStandard also and switch back and forth...

    • Carl Swann
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 7, 1999
        Forrest wrote:

        > > >In NTLight, double-click-and-hold enters select-by-word mode, and
        > > >triple-click-and-hold enters select-by-paragraph. NTPro does neither; at
        > > >best I can select a single word.
        > > I don't know what you mean by "click-and-hold", but holding either the Ctrl
        > > or the Shift keys doesn't change the result.
        >
        > Just like a click, but without releasing the button. Click-hold = standard
        > text selection, double and triple click usually work as described above.

        Is this relevant, Forrest?? In NTP, use the mouse to click the
        start-point of the block of text you wish to highlight; then, while
        holding down Control+Shift, use the mouse to click on the end-point of
        your desired text block. That latter click will highlight the entire
        block for you.

        HTH...

        oOOo-(_)-oOOo

      • Forrest
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 7, 1999
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 7, 1999
            Forrest wrote:
            >In NTLight, double-click-and-hold enters select-by-word
            >mode, and triple-click-and-hold enters select-by-paragraph.
            >NTPro does neither; at best I can select a single word.

            NoteTab sees a paragraph as a single display line. That
            means you can get different results depending on whether
            word wrap is on or off. If you double click in the blank
            area in front of a screen line, the whole line is
            highlighted. If you double click inside the line, you get
            word highlighting.

            --- Grandma Kay ---
            http://notetab.kay.net

          • Forrest
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 7, 1999
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 7, 1999
                Hi Kay and All,

                > If you double click in the blank area in front of a screen
                > line, the whole line is highlighted.

                It doesn't work like that for me is in Pro, Std, or Light for me.

                In Pro I get the word and trailing space given "Quick Open Links"
                is off. In Pro, to select the line you can place your mouse
                pointer at the far left and when it turns into a right facing
                arrow click.

                Keeping with the idea of how NoteTab works with paragraphs one
                might fine it easier to select a whole paragraph that is soft
                wrapped by pressing Ctrl+W and click once on the left margin when
                the arrow is right. :)

                > If you double click inside the line, you get word highlighting.

                In Pro, the word and the trailing space. If you hold the shift
                key down, place the cursor at the end of the word before the
                space then only the word is selected.

                Now, double clicking on don't only gets don see it as an ending
                punctuation mark I suppose.

                Happy NoteTabbin',

                http://www.sureword.com/notetab
                NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro.....
                http://www.notetab.com

              • RS
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 7, 1999
                  Hi Jody, Forrest, and All,

                  Thanks Jody for telling me about the "Tools|Quick Open Links", I couldn't
                  find the thing in the Options though I looked twice. Looking more times
                  wouldn't have made any difference, I guess. It probably isn't there.

                  Some long time ago I must have found that option, and set it to Quick
                  Links, which was no doubt the right decision, because after trying the
                  double-click-to-select-word and Control+Double-Click to launch links for
                  half an hour, I was climbing up the walls.

                  Suggestions for Eric:

                  NoteTab should differentiate when you click on an URL and launch your
                  browser, while if it is not an URL it should just highlight the word.

                  Also: yes, and no. No, I cannot select a line by triple-clicking. And yes,
                  that should be possible. (I wouldn't mind the Control+Double-click here.)

                  Regards,

                  RS

                  ClipWriter.

                  http://home.att.net/~ptools/ClipWriter/cw.htm

                  http://home.att.net/~ptools/main/index.htm

                • Kay Roath
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 7, 1999
                    06/07/1999 3:17 PM Forrest wrote

                    Like what it does with Shift+Ctrl+Right Arrow but you want
                    to use the mouse?

                    --- Grandma Kay ---
                    http://notetab.kay.net