[NTB] Re: New Note Tab brought up on 'source'

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 1999
      Hi Mary,

      At 04:11 PM 6/6/1999 -0400, you wrote:
      >Hi everyone - I'm new to your list.
      >
      >I must have done something to my settings. The last couple of days each
      >time I download a 'source' document, a new NoteTab Pro entity (and icon in
      >tray) opens up instead of just the document itself opening up a new tab in
      >the present setup. Each source downloaded results in a new NoteTab Pro
      >being produced. (ie If I download 5 sources, I end up with 6 icons in the
      >tray system - 5 of them with 1 'source' document each and the original open
      >NoteTab with all of its existing open documents).

      Close all copies of NoteTab but one. Go to the main menu and select View
      and uncheck the item about midway down labelled "Multiple Instances".
      Close NoteTab. When you restart NoteTab it should not allow any other
      copies of itself to be loaded but just add your new downloads to the open
      documents.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...

    • mkelly@cyberbeach.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 1999
        <3.0.32.19990606152007.006b179-@...> wrote:
        Original Article: http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab/?start=5042

        > Hi Mary,
        >
        > At 04:11 PM 6/6/1999 -0400, you wrote:
        > >Hi everyone - I'm new to your list.
        > >
        > >I must have done something to my settings. The last couple of days each
        > >time I download a 'source' document, a new NoteTab Pro entity (and icon in
        > >tray) opens up instead of just the document itself opening up a new tab in
        > >the present setup. Each source downloaded results in a new NoteTab Pro
        > >being produced. (ie If I download 5 sources, I end up with 6 icons in the
        > >tray system - 5 of them with 1 'source' document each and the original open
        > >NoteTab with all of its existing open documents).
        >
        > Close all copies of NoteTab but one. Go to the main menu and select View
        > and uncheck the item about midway down labelled "Multiple Instances".
        > Close NoteTab. When you restart NoteTab it should not allow any other
        > copies of itself to be loaded but just add your new downloads to the open
        > documents.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Larry
        > larryt@...

        Thanks Larry - I guess I hit the 'Multiple Instances' option in error. I think it's one of my best mistakes - it prompted me to find this great list!

        Mary