[NTB] Re: Selecting: Light vs Pro

  • RS
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 5, 1999
      Hi Jody,

      At 05:29 PM 06/05/99 -0500, you wrote:

      >You need to uncheck "Open Quick Links" under Tools for it to work.
      >You will still be able to link to eMail addresses and urls, but
      >will have to learn to hold the Ctrl key down when you do it.

      Thanks! I knew you'd knew it. -:)

      And...where is that?

      Regards,

      RS

      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 5, 1999
        Hi RS,

        >>You need to uncheck "Open Quick Links" under Tools for it to work.
        >Thanks! I knew you'd knew it. -:)

        I wish I know'd more of it! ;)

        >And...where is that?

        I have no idea where "Open Quick Links" is, but you can find "Quick
        Open Links" on the Menubar under Tools. 8?D

        Happy NoteTabbin',

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab
        NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro.....
        http://www.notetab.com

      • Forrest
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 7, 1999
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 7, 1999
            Forrest wrote:

            > > >In NTLight, double-click-and-hold enters select-by-word mode, and
            > > >triple-click-and-hold enters select-by-paragraph. NTPro does neither; at
            > > >best I can select a single word.
            > > I don't know what you mean by "click-and-hold", but holding either the Ctrl
            > > or the Shift keys doesn't change the result.
            >
            > Just like a click, but without releasing the button. Click-hold = standard
            > text selection, double and triple click usually work as described above.

            Is this relevant, Forrest?? In NTP, use the mouse to click the
            start-point of the block of text you wish to highlight; then, while
            holding down Control+Shift, use the mouse to click on the end-point of
            your desired text block. That latter click will highlight the entire
            block for you.

            HTH...

            oOOo-(_)-oOOo

          • Forrest
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 7, 1999
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 7, 1999
                Forrest wrote:
                >In NTLight, double-click-and-hold enters select-by-word
                >mode, and triple-click-and-hold enters select-by-paragraph.
                >NTPro does neither; at best I can select a single word.

                NoteTab sees a paragraph as a single display line. That
                means you can get different results depending on whether
                word wrap is on or off. If you double click in the blank
                area in front of a screen line, the whole line is
                highlighted. If you double click inside the line, you get
                word highlighting.

                --- Grandma Kay ---
                http://notetab.kay.net

              • Forrest
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 7, 1999
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 7, 1999
                    Hi Kay and All,

                    > If you double click in the blank area in front of a screen
                    > line, the whole line is highlighted.

                    It doesn't work like that for me is in Pro, Std, or Light for me.

                    In Pro I get the word and trailing space given "Quick Open Links"
                    is off. In Pro, to select the line you can place your mouse
                    pointer at the far left and when it turns into a right facing
                    arrow click.

                    Keeping with the idea of how NoteTab works with paragraphs one
                    might fine it easier to select a whole paragraph that is soft
                    wrapped by pressing Ctrl+W and click once on the left margin when
                    the arrow is right. :)

                    > If you double click inside the line, you get word highlighting.

                    In Pro, the word and the trailing space. If you hold the shift
                    key down, place the cursor at the end of the word before the
                    space then only the word is selected.

                    Now, double clicking on don't only gets don see it as an ending
                    punctuation mark I suppose.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 7, 1999
                      Hi Jody, Forrest, and All,

                      Thanks Jody for telling me about the "Tools|Quick Open Links", I couldn't
                      find the thing in the Options though I looked twice. Looking more times
                      wouldn't have made any difference, I guess. It probably isn't there.

                      Some long time ago I must have found that option, and set it to Quick
                      Links, which was no doubt the right decision, because after trying the
                      double-click-to-select-word and Control+Double-Click to launch links for
                      half an hour, I was climbing up the walls.

                      Suggestions for Eric:

                      NoteTab should differentiate when you click on an URL and launch your
                      browser, while if it is not an URL it should just highlight the word.

                      Also: yes, and no. No, I cannot select a line by triple-clicking. And yes,
                      that should be possible. (I wouldn't mind the Control+Double-click here.)

                      Regards,

                      RS

                      ClipWriter.

                      http://home.att.net/~ptools/ClipWriter/cw.htm

                      http://home.att.net/~ptools/main/index.htm

                    • Kay Roath
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 7, 1999
                        06/07/1999 3:17 PM Forrest wrote

                        Like what it does with Shift+Ctrl+Right Arrow but you want
                        to use the mouse?

                        --- Grandma Kay ---
                        http://notetab.kay.net