[NTB] Re: Minimize/maximize

    Message 1 of 4 , May 17, 1999
      Hi rme@...,

      > I recently installed NTP on my notebook. When I switch back to
      > NTP from another aplication by cliking in te taskbar, NTP
      > appears often not maximized (as I left it) but slitely bigger,
      > a few centimeters from the top of the screen. I tried several
      > things:

      Try clicking on the titlebar icon of NoteTab and choosing "Save
      Window State."

      Happy NoteTabbin',

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab
      NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro.....
      http://www.notetab.com

    • c.p.valentine@open.ac.uk
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 8, 1999
        <3.0.5.32.19990517133330.007cfd5-@...> wrote:
        Original Article: http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab/?start=4959
        > Hi rme@...,
        >
        > > I recently installed NTP on my notebook. When I switch back to
        > > NTP from another aplication by cliking in te taskbar, NTP
        > > appears often not maximized (as I left it) but slitely bigger,
        > > a few centimeters from the top of the screen. I tried several
        > > things:
        >
        > Try clicking on the titlebar icon of NoteTab and choosing "Save
        > Window State."

        This is one of the most annoying 'features' that the latest version has aquired. Couldn't there just be an option to 'always launch minimised' or 'always lunch maximised' - the current 'save position and size' just doesn't work right.

        A useful thing that could be added (if its not there already) is a method for adding NoteTab as an editor for, say, HTML files via the registry (so you don't have to add or change 'Edit' as an action when you right-click on files in Windows Explorer when you install it.

        Chris (an otherwise extremely satisfied user).

      • Larry Thomas
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 1999
          Hi Chris,

          At 12:30 PM 6/8/1999 -0000, you wrote:
          > <3.0.5.32.19990517133330.007cfd5-@...> wrote:
          >Original Article: http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab/?start=4959
          >> Hi rme@...,
          >>
          >> > I recently installed NTP on my notebook. When I switch back to
          >> > NTP from another aplication by cliking in te taskbar, NTP
          >> > appears often not maximized (as I left it) but slitely bigger,
          >> > a few centimeters from the top of the screen. I tried several
          >> > things:
          >>
          >> Try clicking on the titlebar icon of NoteTab and choosing "Save
          >> Window State."
          >
          >This is one of the most annoying 'features' that the latest version has
          aquired. Couldn't there just be an option to 'always launch minimised' or
          'always lunch maximised' - the current 'save position and size' just
          doesn't work right.

          Select View | Options. In the upper left hand corner put a check in the
          check box labeled "Save Position and Size". Click ok and that should fix it.

          >A useful thing that could be added (if its not there already) is a method
          for adding NoteTab as an editor for, say, HTML files via the registry (so
          you don't have to add or change 'Edit' as an action when you right-click on
          files in Windows Explorer when you install it.

          >Chris (an otherwise extremely satisfied user).

          If you are really sure that you do not want your browser to open html files
          when you select them from Explorer you can select View | Options and select
          the "Associations" tab and add the extension to the list of extensions and
          click ok. Otherwise you can copy your NoteTab shortcut to the folder
          "C:\WINDOWS\SendTo" or what ever path your main Windows directory is
          called. When you want to edit ANY file at all with NoteTab from Explorer,
          righ-click on the file name or numes (up to a limit of 20) and select
          SendTo. The SendTo extension will show NoteTab (if you add the copy of the
          shortcut to that folder). Select it and NoteTab will open your files if it
          can no matter what their extensions are.

          Regards,

          Larry
          larryt@...

        • Grant
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 8, 1999
            You are right Larry changing "Associations for HTML" files is probably not
            a good idea.
            I often use external javaScript files so I thought I would be clever and
            associate ".js" to open with NOTETAB however I also use the WSH and use js
            files as stand alone scripts.
            My clever association stuffed this use of js files up. It's fixed now
            but I learnt my lesson.

            Below is a tip from a newsletter I subscribe to
            http://www.winntmag.com/update
            I have found very handy alternative to the "send to" method you outlined.

            For NoteTab Just make the following changes

            In list item 4 and 5 change"Notepad" to "NoteTab"
            but DO NOT change list item 6 "NOTEPAD %1"
            The rest is pretty straight forward and self explanatory.

            ;*****************************
            * TIP: ADD NOTEPAD TO RIGHT-CLICK MENU FOR EVERY FILE
            (contributed by Matt Broadstock, BroadstM@...)

            This tip will set Notepad as the default application for any extensions
            that are not associated with another application. It also will add
            Notepad to the right-click menu for every file. This feature lets you
            open any file in Notepad without navigating to Send-To and lets you
            double-click a file that doesn't have an association established, such
            as Config.sys, to open it in Notepad. If the file is too big for
            Notepad, you will get a prompt to open the file in Wordpad instead.
            1. Run REGEDIT.
            2. Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*. (This should be the very first
            subtree.)
            3. A key called "shellex" should already be here. Add a new key called
            "Shell" at the same tree level as "shellex."
            4. Under the "Shell" key, create another key called "Notepad."
            5. Create another key under the "Notepad" key called "Command."
            6. You'll see a string value named Default when you highlight the
            "Command" key. Double-click Default and enter "NOTEPAD %1" (without the
            quotes). Click OK.
            7. Exit Regedit and test it out.

            Note: Here is the full path to the correct Registry key:
            HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\Shell\Notepad\Command

            This works for NT4 I'm not sure about reg entries in 95/98
            One other thing
            In Notetab make sure you have replaced notepad with notetab as in
            "HELP/replace ms notepad"