[NTB] Re: bare linefeeds

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 5 , May 7 12:59 PM
      Hi Bob,

      Below is a repeat of Kay's response which I think is the best. She posted
      this to the list on 5/4/99 at 1:21 p.m.

      5/4/1999 11:53 AM Bob Timm wrote

      > A couple of times, I've saved a batch of files and then
      > encountered an error when trying to ftp them into my web
      > server. The program tells me that it has found x number of
      > "bare linefeeds" and the file does not trasnfer.

      In the Options|Documents tab, there are 3 different way of
      saving files. DOS/Windows uses a carriage return/line feed
      combination. Make sure it's selected. Also, when you right
      click on a file tab, there's an Option for Save Format.
      Dos/Windows & ANSI should be marked. It would be a good
      idea to check that when working with file that you've had
      problems with in the past. You might need to do a Save As
      on those - I'm not sure about that. If you've been using
      DOS/Windows file format all along, it could be a setting in
      your ftp program that's stripping carriage returns when the
      file is sent. Make sure you transfer text files in ASCII
      mode.

      In NoteTab, you can search for a bare line feed using ^L.

      --- Grandma Kay ---
      http://notetab.kay.net

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/notetab
    • Kay Roath
      Message 2 of 5 , May 7 1:33 PM
        5/7/1999 2:59 PM Larry Thomas wrote
        > Below is a repeat of Kay's response....

        You're such a sweetheart! I take it you save all the
        messages on the list. I've been jumping through hoops
        trying to find a way to archive messages on removeable media
        since my hard drive space is limited. TheBat doesn't handle
        it well :( Do you just have a really large c: drive or know
        some secrets to archiving?

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/notetab