[NTB] Re: Uh...bare linefeeds?

  • Kay Roath
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 1999
      5/7/1999 2:36 PM Bob Timm wrote

      > Well, it looks like my original question got lost in the
      > swamp of auto-responses. Any clues on the bare linefeed
      > question I originally asked?

      Here's what I sent.....
      > A couple of times, I've saved a batch of files and then
      > encountered an error when trying to ftp them into my web
      > server. The program tells me that it has found x number of
      > "bare linefeeds" and the file does not trasnfer.

      In the Options|Documents tab, there are 3 different way of
      saving files. DOS/Windows uses a carriage return/line feed
      combination. Make sure it's selected. Also, when you right
      click on a file tab, there's an Option for Save Format.
      Dos/Windows & ANSI should be marked. It would be a good
      idea to check that when working with file that you've had
      problems with in the past. You might need to do a Save As
      on those - I'm not sure about that. If you've been using
      DOS/Windows file format all along, it could be a setting in
      your ftp program that's stripping carriage returns when the
      file is sent. Make sure you transfer text files in ASCII
      mode.

      In NoteTab, you can search for a bare line feed using ^L.

      -------------------
      There was one other post that mentioned trying binary
      uploads.

      --- Grandma Kay ---
      http://notetab.kay.net

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/notetab
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 1999
        Hi Bob,

        > Well, it looks like my original question got lost in the swamp
        > of auto-responses. Any clues on the bare linefeed question I
        > originally asked?

        There were quite a number of replies. Try going out on the web
        to the link below and in the Search box type in: linefeeds. You
        may need to login first.

        http://www.eGroups.com/group/notetab

        Bye for now,
        Jody Adair