[NTB] Uh...bare linefeeds?

  • Bob Timm
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 1999
      Well, it looks like my original question got lost in the swamp of
      auto-responses. Any clues on the bare linefeed question I originally asked?

      Bob Timm

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/notetab
    • Kay Roath
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 1999
        5/7/1999 2:36 PM Bob Timm wrote

        > Well, it looks like my original question got lost in the
        > swamp of auto-responses. Any clues on the bare linefeed
        > question I originally asked?

        Here's what I sent.....
        > A couple of times, I've saved a batch of files and then
        > encountered an error when trying to ftp them into my web
        > server. The program tells me that it has found x number of
        > "bare linefeeds" and the file does not trasnfer.

        In the Options|Documents tab, there are 3 different way of
        saving files. DOS/Windows uses a carriage return/line feed
        combination. Make sure it's selected. Also, when you right
        click on a file tab, there's an Option for Save Format.
        Dos/Windows & ANSI should be marked. It would be a good
        idea to check that when working with file that you've had
        problems with in the past. You might need to do a Save As
        on those - I'm not sure about that. If you've been using
        DOS/Windows file format all along, it could be a setting in
        your ftp program that's stripping carriage returns when the
        file is sent. Make sure you transfer text files in ASCII
        mode.

        In NoteTab, you can search for a bare line feed using ^L.

        -------------------
        There was one other post that mentioned trying binary
        uploads.

        --- Grandma Kay ---
        http://notetab.kay.net

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/notetab
        Message 3 of 3 , May 7, 1999
          Hi Bob,

          > Well, it looks like my original question got lost in the swamp
          > of auto-responses. Any clues on the bare linefeed question I
          > originally asked?

          There were quite a number of replies. Try going out on the web
          to the link below and in the Search box type in: linefeeds. You
          may need to login first.

          http://www.eGroups.com/group/notetab

          Bye for now,
          Jody Adair