[NTB] Loop Question

  • jleipold@pf.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 1999
      I have a file with several lines that look somewhat like this:
      <RD:Subchapter><GR:"criminal practice report"><GR:"news and comments"><PS:repart><IT+>13- 8 Brady<IT-> Waivers: Coming Soon<CR>

      What I want to do is find the unique identifier of <PS:repart>, go to the end of the line insert a hard return (^p) and then insert the following text (with the help of user input) into the new line:
      [<FD:volnum><IX+>Vol. ^?[Enter Volume No.], No. ^?[Enter Issue No.]<IX></FD:volnum>, <FD:"issue date">^?[Enter Issue Date]</FD:"issue date">]

      Then I want to continue looking for <PS:repart> and continue the process of inserting a ^p and the line of text above.
      I want the clip to loop until there are no more of the find criteria. Then I want the clip to end.

      This is what I have without the looping code:

      ^!Find "<PS:repart>"
      ^!Keyboard END
      ^!InsertText ^p
      ^!InsertText [<FD:volnum><IX+>Vol. ^?[Enter Volume No.], No. ^?[Enter Issue No.]<IX></FD:volnum>, <FD:"issue date">^?[Enter Issue Date]</FD:"issue date">]

      Please help! I just bought the commercial version of Notetab Std. 4.6a.

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/notetab
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 1999
        Hi jleipold,

        >I have a file with several lines that look somewhat like this:

        Please resubmit your post to the Clips List; its purpose is for
        clip discussion. The Basic List is for the discussion of general
        NoteTab questions of the non-clip writing nature.

        To Subscribe to or UnSubscribe from the NoteTab Mailing
        Lists send an empty post to:

        Subscribe:
        The NoteTab Basic List: NoteTab-Subscribe@...
        The NoteTab Clips List: Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...