[NTB] Re: bare linefeeds

  • Don Daugherty
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 1999
      At 12:53 PM 5/4/1999 -0400, you wrote:
      If you havn't you tried using the binary transfer mode, rather ASCII, it
      might get around the problem.

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/notetab
    • Kay Roath
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 1999
        5/4/1999 11:53 AM Bob Timm wrote

        > A couple of times, I've saved a batch of files and then
        > encountered an error when trying to ftp them into my web
        > server. The program tells me that it has found x number of
        > "bare linefeeds" and the file does not trasnfer.

        In the Options|Documents tab, there are 3 different way of
        saving files. DOS/Windows uses a carriage return/line feed
        combination. Make sure it's selected. Also, when you right
        click on a file tab, there's an Option for Save Format.
        Dos/Windows & ANSI should be marked. It would be a good
        idea to check that when working with file that you've had
        problems with in the past. You might need to do a Save As
        on those - I'm not sure about that. If you've been using
        DOS/Windows file format all along, it could be a setting in
        your ftp program that's stripping carriage returns when the
        file is sent. Make sure you transfer text files in ASCII
        mode.

        In NoteTab, you can search for a bare line feed using ^L.

        --- Grandma Kay ---
        http://notetab.kay.net

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/notetab