[NTB] Re: Drag/Drop Text

    Message 1 of 8 , May 1 9:30 PM
      Hi Wayne and All,

      > I think I am starting to like the drag and drop feature.

      I've used it a few times and starting to get the hang of
      it not messing me up when I do not want it.

      Bye for now,
      Jody Adair
      Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

      http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
      http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/notetab
    • David Park
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2 7:43 AM
        > From: Jody [mailto:KJB1611@...]
        > Hi Wayne and All,
        >
        > > I think I am starting to like the drag and drop feature.
        >
        > I've used it a few times and starting to get the hang of
        > it not messing me up when I do not want it.

        One thing that I found disconcerting about the new drag and drop
        feature was the changing cursor icon. Sometimes I will select text
        (to copy it, for example) and then single-click on the selected text
        to unselect it. In the latest version of NoteTab, the cursor changes
        to the drag icon as soon as the mouse button is pressed, so it quickly
        changes and then changes back to an arrow during a single-click. In
        Word 97, there is about a half-second delay before the cursor changes,
        so that it doesn't change at all during a quick click.

        I'm not sure if the description above makes sense, but maybe the
        cursor change could be delayed in NoteTab. Another option would be to
        not change the cursor until the text starts being dragged.

        Anyway, I like the drag/drop feature, and I'm glad it is now available
        in NoteTab Pro.

        David Park
        dpark@...
        http://www.sazan.net/