[NTB] Re: Drag/Drop Text

  • Wayne VanWeerthuizen
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 1999
      Jody wrote (1999 Mar 29):
      >I've looked all over and cannot find a way to
      >turn off the drag/drop of text. Can it be done?

      Eric answered:

      Jody wrote again:
      >No, you can rest your case. However, I will be sure to let you know if
      >I find the a competitor does. :) I do 95% of any of my select/copy/cut
      >in NoteTab, so the others aren't as much of a nuisance. Eudora seems to
      >be less sensitive, but that just may be that I don't edit as much in it
      >so it does not show up as often.
      >
      >I am happy for those though that requested it for a long time now have
      >it finally. I really gave it an honest try out before even looking for
      >a way to turn it off.

      I was skeptical when the drag-and-drop for NoteTab Pro was first being
      discussed, and I advised against adding it.

      I just wanted to follow up and admit that I've been catching myself
      using it more and more lately. I think I am starting to like the drag
      and drop feature.

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/notetab
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 1999
        Hi Wayne and All,

        > I think I am starting to like the drag and drop feature.

        I've used it a few times and starting to get the hang of
        it not messing me up when I do not want it.

        Bye for now,
        Jody Adair
        Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

        http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
        http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/notetab
      • David Park
        Message 3 of 8 , May 2, 1999
          > From: Jody [mailto:KJB1611@...]
          > Hi Wayne and All,
          >
          > > I think I am starting to like the drag and drop feature.
          >
          > I've used it a few times and starting to get the hang of
          > it not messing me up when I do not want it.

          One thing that I found disconcerting about the new drag and drop
          feature was the changing cursor icon. Sometimes I will select text
          (to copy it, for example) and then single-click on the selected text
          to unselect it. In the latest version of NoteTab, the cursor changes
          to the drag icon as soon as the mouse button is pressed, so it quickly
          changes and then changes back to an arrow during a single-click. In
          Word 97, there is about a half-second delay before the cursor changes,
          so that it doesn't change at all during a quick click.

          I'm not sure if the description above makes sense, but maybe the
          cursor change could be delayed in NoteTab. Another option would be to
          not change the cursor until the text starts being dragged.

          Anyway, I like the drag/drop feature, and I'm glad it is now available
          in NoteTab Pro.

          David Park
          dpark@...
          http://www.sazan.net/