[NTB] Re: AutoCorrect.clb

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 21 1:14 AM
      Hi Jody,

      >If a line begins with an "I[anything]" and I have
      >"Auto-Correct" (with the AutoCorrect.clb in NoteTab)
      >on and I place the cursor *before* it and press
      >"Tab" NoteTab adds an I, then the Tab, then the rest
      >of theline.

      You're right, there is a problem here. I thought I had fixed it during beta
      testing, but obviously this case slipped through.

      Regards,
      Eric Fookes
      -----------
      NoteTab v4.6a available from

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/notetab
    • djust@netvision.net.il
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 21 8:59 AM
        Finally got around to installing 4.6a. I don't have Windows
        whatever-it-is, and I don't understand how to use autocorrect.
        Could someone explain? Exactly how does one use it, and what
        are its advantages over a spell check at the end of a session?

        Thanks,
        David.

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/notetab
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 21 11:01 AM
          Hi David,

          Re: AutoCorrect
          >Exactly how does one use it, and what are its advantages
          >over a spell check at the end of a session?

          Read the help for the keyboard characters used. Open the
          AutoCorrect Library and start typing. Type in one of the
          mizpeld words you see in the Library and press the space
          bar or other valid key.

          I believe one advantage would be that for your commonly
          mizpeld words when you hit the space bar after it it will
          be corrected then. when you run spell check it does not
          take all that time searching for the word and then the
          time you take to choose the correct word.

          I like using the Auto-Correct in the Spell Checker itself
          better though because it is easier for me.

          c ya,
          Jody

          The whole world doth err save you
          and me and even thou doest err some!