[NTB] When Replying...

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7, 1999
      Hi Norma and All,

      >I usually try to remember that but for some reason my filter
      >failed to put your message in my Notetab folder.

      I know very well how easy it is to sent a post to the wrong list,
      miss something in a post, forget to delete unneeded text from a
      reply, etc. - it happens to us all, or at least most likely will
      if you post enough. The more one posts, the more chance for it
      to happen also.

      When I or somebody else asks to delete all the extra text out of
      a reply it is usually because they are repeating offenders or new
      to the list. Do what you want in private eMail, but if everybody
      was to get in the habit of doing it with all their mail it would
      help out the speed of mail Internet wide I suppose and then one
      wouldn't have to remember to do it on a mailing list. It costs a
      lot of people money for their accounts that do not have the luxury
      of "unlimited" service and/or no KB limit. It is wasted money for
      them to have to pay for something they already paid for and have
      read already.

      So, when sending mail and replying, please try to remember when
      posting to the lists to:

      Delete text not needed to understand your reply.
      Do not send formatted text (such as html).
      Do not send attachments (please turn off the card things if you can).
      Do not send clips to NoteTab@... but to Ntb-Clips@...

      BTW, since we changed the name of the Advanced list to the Clips
      list and quit posting clips to the Basic list (besides my goof
      and a couple other small ones) the basic list's membership has
      increased by about 50-75 members. There is still about the same
      amount of people signing on, but fewer signing off. We are up to 330
      now on the basic list and on Clips, 156.

      Später,
      Jody Adair

      I can only please one person a day.
      Today is obviously not your day.