[NTB] Re: New NoteTab Web Page

  • Norma Armstrong
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7, 1999

      > Hi Michael, Norma, and Others,
      >
      > Please cut down all the text in the posts not need to reply to
      > the list. TIA

      I usually try to remember that but for some reason my filter failed to put
      your message in my Notetab folder and I was under the impression it was
      private email. I realized that after I had sent it. I should pay more
      attention to the address from now on :)

      Norma

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 7, 1999
        Hi Norma and All,

        >I usually try to remember that but for some reason my filter
        >failed to put your message in my Notetab folder.

        I know very well how easy it is to sent a post to the wrong list,
        miss something in a post, forget to delete unneeded text from a
        reply, etc. - it happens to us all, or at least most likely will
        if you post enough. The more one posts, the more chance for it
        to happen also.

        When I or somebody else asks to delete all the extra text out of
        a reply it is usually because they are repeating offenders or new
        to the list. Do what you want in private eMail, but if everybody
        was to get in the habit of doing it with all their mail it would
        help out the speed of mail Internet wide I suppose and then one
        wouldn't have to remember to do it on a mailing list. It costs a
        lot of people money for their accounts that do not have the luxury
        of "unlimited" service and/or no KB limit. It is wasted money for
        them to have to pay for something they already paid for and have
        read already.

        So, when sending mail and replying, please try to remember when
        posting to the lists to:

        Delete text not needed to understand your reply.
        Do not send formatted text (such as html).
        Do not send attachments (please turn off the card things if you can).
        Do not send clips to NoteTab@... but to Ntb-Clips@...

        BTW, since we changed the name of the Advanced list to the Clips
        list and quit posting clips to the Basic list (besides my goof
        and a couple other small ones) the basic list's membership has
        increased by about 50-75 members. There is still about the same
        amount of people signing on, but fewer signing off. We are up to 330
        now on the basic list and on Clips, 156.

        Später,
        Jody Adair

        I can only please one person a day.
        Today is obviously not your day.