[notetab] NoteTab Pro v4.5: beta #7 available!

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 2, 1998
      Hi all,

      Beta #7 of NoteTab Pro v4.5 is now available. You can download it from the
      following link:

      http://www.notetab.com/ftp/ntp450b.zip (size 762 Kb)

      This beta version (like all others) is time-limited and will stop working
      after about 25 July. Please take a moment to read the "ReadThis.otl" file
      that accompanies the package before you install NoteTab.

      This beta now uses the new syntax format and adds new functions. Look at
      the sample Clips to see how it has changed. Note that all the Clips haven't
      been fully tested with this latest version so some may not work. If you
      find a problem in a Clip please inform me.

      Enjoy!

      Best regards,
      Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>
    • Nicole Simon
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2, 1998
        Eric G.V. Fookes wrote:
        > This beta now uses the new syntax format and adds new functions. Look at
        > the sample Clips to see how it has changed. Note that all the Clips haven't
        > been fully tested with this latest version so some may not work. If you
        > find a problem in a Clip please inform me.

        - Do we have to change out clipbooks?
        - did you something on the 'slow down' bug

        hope it's better without all those crashes i had with the lst 3 betas

        Nicole

        --
        »Yes, if all you want to do is be a user, then Linux is NOT for you.
        If, however, you feel you've lost forever some of the _fun_ of digging

        ----
      • Jody Adair
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 1998
          Hi Nicole,

          >> - Do we have to change out clipbooks?

          Very many changes. You will need to rework a lot of your clips.

          >btw, this mailserver is really fast :o)

          :) Nice to pick it up on the same mail run that you sent it on. :)

          c ya,
          Jody
          Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

          Please note my new addresses:

          KJB1611@...
          SojournerAV1611@...
          http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611

          ----
        • Nicole Simon
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 2, 1998
            Nicole Simon wrote:
            > - Do we have to change out clipbooks?

            ok, i though i wouldn't get the file from erics server, but i did.
            yes, we have to change it.

            i think, i will set up a 'play with beta#7' dir.

            btw, this mailserver is really fast :o)

            Nicole

            --
            »Yes, if all you want to do is be a user, then Linux is NOT for you.
            If, however, you feel you've lost forever some of the _fun_ of digging
            into a hardly-understood operating system for bits and pieces you can
            play with and learn from, then welcome to Linux!« Jeff Lasman on LfAU.

            ----
          • Dennis Cummins
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 2, 1998
              For those having problems with this url you can also find it at:

              http://www.cswnet.com/~sider/ntp.zip

              On 2 Jul 98, 18:23 Eric G.V. Fookes wrote:

              > Beta #7 of NoteTab Pro v4.5 is now available. You can download it from the
              > following link:
              >
              > http://www.notetab.com/ftp/ntp450b.zip (size 762 Kb)

              Once seen on road signs all over the United States:
              If a gift
              You must choose
              Give him one
              He'll like
              To use
              Burma-Shave

              Dennis
              mailto:sqd@...

              ----
            • Nicole Simon
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 2, 1998
                Eric G.V. Fookes wrote:
                > Beta #7 of NoteTab Pro v4.5 is now available. You can download it from the
                > following link:

                - rungawk does start, but won't end
                - 'return dos prompt' starts cmd but does not end with a result

                both times you need to cancel ntp.

                Nicole

                --
                »Yes, if all you want to do is be a user, then Linux is NOT for you.
                If, however, you feel you've lost forever some of the _fun_ of digging
                into a hardly-understood operating system for bits and pieces you can
                play with and learn from, then welcome to Linux!« Jeff Lasman on LfAU.

                ----
              • Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 2, 1998
                  Eric announced:

                  >Beta #7 of NoteTab Pro v4.5 is now available. You can download it from the
                  >following link:
                  >
                  > http://www.notetab.com/ftp/ntp450b.zip (size 762 Kb)

                  I know other has beat me to putting it up on a mirror site, for anyway
                  It's now also available from:

                  http://www2.localaccess.com/waynemv/clipbook.htm

                  I will keep my site updated in the future. My speed of doing so
                  depends on if I'm home and awake. It will be rare for me to not
                  have the file up within 12 hours of Eric posting Notice. I will
                  not make anymore announcements to the list about this. All future
                  mirror-ings will be silent. Just read the version number on my page.

                  As an aside, does anyone else still really even need the mirror site?
                  Does Eric's site get too busy? Do people still have trouble connecting
                  to it?

                  --
                  Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen WayneMV@...
                  Homepage: http://www2.localaccess.com/waynemv

                  Libertarians for Privacy RC5-64 Cracking Team
                  http://homepages.together.net/~hardy/VTLP/rc5.html

                  ----
                • Cindy
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 2, 1998
                    I usually use notetab.com

                    > Eric announced:
                    >
                    > >Beta #7 of NoteTab Pro v4.5 is now available. You can download it from the
                    > >following link:
                    > >
                    > > http://www.notetab.com/ftp/ntp450b.zip (size 762 Kb)
                    > >

                    > I know other has beat me to putting it up on a mirror site, for
                    > anyway It's now also available from:
                    >
                    > http://www2.localaccess.com/waynemv/clipbook.htm
                    >
                    > I will keep my site updated in the future. My speed of doing so
                    > depends on if I'm home and awake. It will be rare for me to not
                    > have the file up within 12 hours of Eric posting Notice. I will not
                    > make anymore announcements to the list about this. All future
                    > mirror-ings will be silent. Just read the version number on my page.
                    >
                    > As an aside, does anyone else still really even need the mirror
                    > site? Does Eric's site get too busy? Do people still have trouble
                    > connecting to it?
                    >

                    > --
                    > Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen WayneMV@...
                    > Homepage: http://www2.localaccess.com/waynemv
                    >
                    > Libertarians for Privacy RC5-64 Cracking Team
                    > http://homepages.together.net/~hardy/VTLP/rc5.html
                    >

                    > ----
                    > Read this list on the Web at http://www.makelist.com/list/notetab/
                    > subscribe, email to notetab-subscribe@... -- Start a FREE