[NTB] Re: Font

  • Kay Roath
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 1999
      4/5/1999 8:40 PM Toshihide Nakayama wrote

      > I am trying NoteTab Pro, and I like what I see very much so far. But I
      > have a question about the font handling in NT Pro. I understand that the
      > Pro version only handles fixed-pitched fonts, but does it handle all
      > fixed-pitched fonts installed in the system? I am a linguist and need to
      > be able to use different fonts in order to represent Native American
      > languages I work on. I have necessary fonts in fixed-pitch versions, but
      > NT Pro does not recognize them. Is it possible to make it recognize my
      > fixed-pitched fonts? If so, could someone tell me how? I guess the
      > easiest solution is to use NT Standard. But from the descriptions I got
      > the impression that Pro is more powerful than Standard, and I would like
      > to use the more powerful one if it is possible.

      Hi Toshi -
      Power is really in the eye of the beholder. Std will work
      with very big files & more fonts than Pro. Pro has
      bookmarks and clip syntax/HTML/hyperlink highlighting. They
      both do virtually the same things but use different input
      controls. Lots of us have both & it's still as cheap as one
      of a lot of other programs out there. I'm pretty sure Roger
      has mentioned that you need Std for Japaneese & there's
      something about double bytes & some fonts that require Std
      instead of Pro.

      --- Grandma Kay ---
      http://notetab.kay.net

    • Toshihide Nakayama
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6, 1999
        Hi Kay,

        Thanks for the reply. You are right -- powerfulness is a relative thing.
        I guess I will get the both versions, since that seems to be the easiest
        solution.

        Thanks again,

        -- Toshi