[NTB] Re: Close [X] button is gone!

  • Don Daugherty
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 5, 1999
      This is mysterious - - my X is still there. I upgraded a registered
      version of NoteTab Pro to Version 4.6a/np and everything looks normal.
      Maybe your program is running in a normal window that somehow is oversized
      so the X is pushed offscreen (In that case the scrollbat would be also.)
      What happens if you Maximize to "full screen?" Any way the work-around
      gives you an out if you don't find the X hidden somewhere.

      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 5, 1999
        Hi Don,

        >This is mysterious - - my X is still there. I upgraded a registered
        >version of NoteTab Pro to Version 4.6a/np and everything looks normal.

        You should not have an X button in ver. 4.6a at all. In fact you
        should have noticed the difference between night and day just about
        between ver. 263e and 4.6. I suspect you are starting NoteTab from
        an old shortcut and still opening your old version. Try going into
        Windows Explorer and looking for it that way and double clicking NotePro.exe. You can also hold your mouse over the status bar to
        read the version.

        C ya,
        Jody

        http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 5, 1999
          Hi Greg,

          >Thanks for the input, but the X is just not there!

          The X button has not been there for a long time, a
          very long time. you only have the close document toolbar
          icon now. Version 263e and 4.6 are worlds apart from
          each other in what they can do and all the features added.

          C ya,
          Jody

          http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        • Greg Covey
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 5, 1999
            Thanks for the input, but the X is just not there!

            I should let it be known that I'm using Notetab 4.6a LITE! (the free
            version) Maybe that is what makes the difference. If the commercial version
            support the X to close documents, it's definately worth the upgrade.

            Greg

          • Kay Roath
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 6, 1999
              4/5/1999 10:44 PM Jody wrote

              >>This is mysterious - - my X is still there. I upgraded a
              >>registered version of NoteTab Pro to Version 4.6a/np and
              >>everything looks normal.

              > You should not have an X button in ver. 4.6a at all. In
              > fact you should have noticed the difference between night
              > and day just about between ver. 263e and 4.6. I suspect
              > you are starting NoteTab from an old shortcut and still
              > opening your old version. Try going into Windows Explorer
              > and looking for it that way and double clicking
              > NotePro.exe. You can also hold your mouse over the status
              > bar to read the version.

              The confusion might be that there is an X to close NoteTab
              & I'm pretty sure you have to go back to 3.x to know that
              the original question was about the file close X we used
              to have.

              --- Grandma Kay ---
              http://notetab.kay.net

              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 6, 1999
                Hi Kay,

                >The confusion might be that there is an X to close NoteTab
                >& I'm pretty sure you have to go back to 3.x to know that
                >the original question was about the file close X we used
                >to have.

                Yes, the thread started off one of the fellas upgrading or
                wanting to from ver. 263 which indeed had the X to close, but
                I know of no such X today.

                But then another said he has an X in ver. 4.6a. If there is,
                it has been hiding from me for a looooong time and is real
                good at hide and seek 'cause I haven't found it. :)

                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 6, 1999
                  Hi Kay,

                  >Actually, we used to have 2 X's. The windows one to close
                  >the program is still there

                  Where is that one; what toolbar command?

                  & anyone who doesn't go back to a
                  >version where we also had the x to close a file could get
                  >very confused looking at the X that's there & having us
                  >talking about the x being gone in 4.6 :)

                  Uh, ok, I think I follow that. <g> Perhaps once you tell me
                  where this other x is perhaps its cursive style (which is
                  ringing a bell) but I can't find that one.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 6, 1999
                    4/6/1999 2:42 AM Jody wrote
                    > But then another said he has an X in ver. 4.6a. If there is,
                    > it has been hiding from me for a looooong time and is real
                    > good at hide and seek 'cause I haven't found it. :)

                    Actually, we used to have 2 X's. The windows one to close
                    the program is still there & anyone who doesn't go back to a

                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 6, 1999
                      4/6/1999 2:55 AM Jody wrote

                      > Hi Kay,

                      >>Actually, we used to have 2 X's. The windows one to close
                      >>the program is still there

                      > Where is that one; what toolbar command?

                      > & anyone who doesn't go back to a
                      >>version where we also had the x to close a file could get
                      >>very confused looking at the X that's there & having us
                      >>talking about the x being gone in 4.6 :)

                      > Uh, ok, I think I follow that. <g> Perhaps once you tell me
                      > where this other x is perhaps its cursive style (which is
                      > ringing a bell) but I can't find that one.

                      Standard windows - upper right corner '-' [box thing(s)]
                      & 'X' to close the program.

                      --- Grandma Kay ---
                      http://notetab.kay.net

                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 6, 1999
                        Hi Kay,

                        >Standard windows - upper right corner '-' [box thing(s)]
                        >& 'X' to close the program.

                        Argh! :) Thanks for clearing things up. So, there is no
                        X or x or italic X in NoteTab other than the little upper
                        right hand corner box that exits NoteTab, at least ver.
                        4.0 and above and maybe a chance it was not in Pro 3.
                        Thank you and good Notenite. :)

                        C ya,
                        Jody

                        http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
                        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

                      • Bill McNair
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 6, 1999
                          How is this possible? The first version I bought was 4.51, I think, and I
                          just upgraded to 4.6a/np yesterday and I have always had the close button

                          Exclusive discounts from the hottest online bookstores
                          Join Now! http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/20

                        • Don Daugherty
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 6, 1999
                            >The confusion might be that there is an X to close NoteTab
                            >& I'm pretty sure you have to go back to 3.x to know that
                            >the original question was about the file close X we used
                            >to have.

                            >--- Grandma Kay ---

                            Yes! I'm sure that's the source of my confusion. Newbies like me don't
                            remember the "good old days".

                            Thanks for the clarification.
                            Don