[NTB] Re: NoteTab's Manual Typewriter

  • Cindy
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 1999
      At 01:52 AM 4/5/99 , you wrote:

      >This is just a toy, but can be practical. You know where
      >your delete key is if you are not interested. :)
      >
      >Manual Typewriter Options
      >* Left margin set
      >* Right margin set
      >* Sound on/off
      >
      >Remember way back when, when *some of you* (haha) had those
      >old manual type writers that made all the noises when the
      >keys were depressed and had the hammer that hit the bell to
      >make it ring for the warning of the carriage return coming?

      Let's not push too hard to find out the *some of us* are!!!!! hehehehe
      By the way, I remember all too well the typewriters I learned on. Thank
      goodness they are just antigues now. :-)

      Cindy
      ICQ: 287141

      If you get bored, check out: http://www.ctol.net/~cas

    • Steve Nordquist
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 1999
        Say it isn't so! There's something to be said (though not in a Human
        Resources
        department) for the experience of someone used to going 100wpm on
        an ergo. keyboard who finds that
        a) You have to put 5-15 lb. on a key on the typewriter to get it to move
        at all, and
        b) the key goes down 1...1.5...2-inches-...(6cm?) before it's 'pressed.'
        This is kind of like Alice going down the rabbit hole, but it reminds us
        that we still have a hole, just safer now.