[NTB] Re: NoteTab's Manual Typewriter

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 1999
      Hi Jody,

      >Hi RS, [Manuel], and All,
      >
      >This is just a toy, but can be practical. You know where
      >your delete key is if you are not interested. :)

      Sorry about the clip to the regular list folks. It was an
      extension on a thread we were posting on over there.

      Cya,
      Jody Adair

      The whole world doth err save you
      and me and even thou doest err some!

      http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611/

    • Cindy
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 1999
        At 01:52 AM 4/5/99 , you wrote:

        >This is just a toy, but can be practical. You know where
        >your delete key is if you are not interested. :)
        >
        >Manual Typewriter Options
        >* Left margin set
        >* Right margin set
        >* Sound on/off
        >
        >Remember way back when, when *some of you* (haha) had those
        >old manual type writers that made all the noises when the
        >keys were depressed and had the hammer that hit the bell to
        >make it ring for the warning of the carriage return coming?

        Let's not push too hard to find out the *some of us* are!!!!! hehehehe
        By the way, I remember all too well the typewriters I learned on. Thank
        goodness they are just antigues now. :-)

        Cindy
        ICQ: 287141

        If you get bored, check out: http://www.ctol.net/~cas

      • Steve Nordquist
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 1999
          Say it isn't so! There's something to be said (though not in a Human
          Resources
          department) for the experience of someone used to going 100wpm on
          an ergo. keyboard who finds that
          a) You have to put 5-15 lb. on a key on the typewriter to get it to move
          at all, and
          b) the key goes down 1...1.5...2-inches-...(6cm?) before it's 'pressed.'
          This is kind of like Alice going down the rabbit hole, but it reminds us
          that we still have a hole, just safer now.