[NTB] NoteTab's Manual Typewriter

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 1999
      Hi RS, [Manuel], and All,

      This is just a toy, but can be practical. You know where
      your delete key is if you are not interested. :)

      Manual Typewriter Options
      * Left margin set
      * Right margin set
      * Sound on/off

      Remember way back when, when *some of you* (haha) had those
      old manual type writers that made all the noises when the
      keys were depressed and had the hammer that hit the bell to
      make it ring for the warning of the carriage return coming?
      Here is a toy that simulates that for old times sake.

      You will need to edit your sounds in the control panel and
      script to something that sounds realistic. Ding.wav works
      pretty good for the middle sound below and a clicktype.wav
      works pretty good for the keys being struck. (There are
      some swatches downloadable from Eric's site or there were
      at one time that may work.) You want to keep the key sound
      pretty short. You do not have to use "SystemAsterisk" or
      "SystemHand" but make sure you change the script if you use
      something different.

      If you type a double letter (like the tt in letter) you
      won't get a sound. ^!Set %LeftMarg% and ^!SetHintInfo are
      long lines. Copy the clip and focus a library you want it
      in, then press Shift+Crtl+F2 (or you might try Ctrl+Shift+F2
      sometime:-). Have fun.

      Oh, remember, you are on a manual typewriter so slow your
      typing speed down so the sounds have time to work. :)

      H="Typewriter"
      ; Long line.
      ^!Set %LeftMarg%=^?[Set left margin to how many columns?=0]; %RightMarg%=^?[Set right margin to how many columns?=60]; %Sound%=^?[Turn sounds=_On^=1|Off^=0]

      ^!Toolbar Toggle Word Wrap
      ^!InsertText ^$StrFill(^%Space%;^%LeftMarg%)$

      :Loop
      ^!IfSame "^$GetChar(-1)$" "^%Tab%" Next else Skip
      ^!Clip "Do Tab"
      ; Long line.
      ^!SetHintInfo "You are at column ^$GetCol$. To stop type "??" on a new line. Or press Ctrl+Alt."
      ^!If ^$GetLine$=?? DoMarks
      ^!IfFalse ^%Sound% NoSound
      ^!IfSame "^$GetChar(-1)$" "^%LastChar%" Skip
      ; Click Sound
      ^!Sound SystemAsterisk
      ^!IfTrue ^%DidBell% Skip_3
      ^!If "^$GetCol$" > "^$Calc(^%RightMarg%-8;0)$" Next else Skip_2
      ; Bell Sound
      ^!Sound SystemHand
      ^!Set %DidBell%=1
      ^!Set %LastChar%=^$GetChar(-1)$

      :NoSound
      ^!If "^$StrSize(^$GetLine$)$" < "^%RightMarg%" Loop else Next
      ^!IfSame "^$GetChar(-1)$" "^%Space%" Next else FindSpace
      ^!IfFalse "^%LeftMarg%" Next else Skip_2
      ^!InsertText ^%nl%
      ^!Goto Skip
      ^!InsertText ^%nl%^$StrFill("^%Space%";^%LeftMarg%)$
      ^!Set %DidBell%=0
      ^!Goto Loop

      :FindSpace
      ^!Find " " SB
      ^!IfFalse "^%LeftMarg%" Next else Skip_2
      ^!InsertText ^%nl%
      ^!Goto Skip
      ^!InsertText ^%nl%^$StrFill(^%Space%;^%LeftMarg%)$
      ^!Set %DidBell%=0
      ^!Jump Line_End
      ^!Goto Loop

      :DoMarks
      ^!Replace "??" >> "" SB
      ^!IfFalse ^%Sound% Skip
      ^!Sound SystemExit

      H="_Do Tab"
      ; Replaces real tabs with spaces. This is so the
      ; lines will not exceed the column width specified.
      ^!Find "^t" SB
      ^!IfError End
      ^!Jump Select_Start
      ^!Set %Start%=^$GetColScreen$
      ^!Find "^t" S
      ^!Jump Select_End
      ^!Set %End%=^$GetColScreen$
      ^!Find "^t" SB
      ^$StrFill("^%Space%";^$Calc(^%End%-^%Start%;0)$)$

      OK, I'm done playin' for now. :)

      Happy NoteTabbin',

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab
      NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro.....
      http://www.notetab.com

    • [Manuel]
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 1999
        Mon, 05 Apr 1999 00:52:50 -0500:

        [Jody <KJB1611@...>]
        >This is just a toy, but can be practical. You know where
        >your delete key is if you are not interested. :)
        >
        >Manual Typewriter Options
        >* Left margin set
        >* Right margin set
        >* Sound on/off

        [Manuel]
        Ja,ja.. Yes it's a good toy. Thanks for your ideas.
        -
        **
        Manuel Pérez, desde Murcia (Spain)

      • xena@stny.rr.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6, 1999
          Hey there Jody and All,

          > This is just a toy, but can be practical. You know where
          > your delete key is if you are not interested. :)
          >
          > Manual Typewriter Options
          > * Left margin set
          > * Right margin set
          > * Sound on/off
          >
          > Remember way back when, when *some of you* (haha) had those
          > old manual type writers that made all the noises when the
          > keys were depressed and had the hammer that hit the bell to
          > make it ring for the warning of the carriage return coming?
          > Here is a toy that simulates that for old times sake.
          >
          > You will need to edit your sounds in the control panel and
          > script to something that sounds realistic. Ding.wav works
          > pretty good for the middle sound below and a clicktype.wav
          > works pretty good for the keys being struck. (There are
          > some swatches downloadable from Eric's site or there were
          > at one time that may work.) You want to keep the key sound
          > pretty short. You do not have to use "SystemAsterisk" or
          > "SystemHand" but make sure you change the script if you use
          > something different.

          I got a program once called Noisy Keyboard (can't remember where
          I got it), and I still have the sounds. My friend and I created a silly
          little page and put the sound files there to be downloaded. If
          anyone's interested, the URL is:

          http://skyscraper.fortunecity.com/aptiva/396