[NTB] Re: Automatic split lines

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 1999
      Hi RS and [Manuel],

      >>Hi, I would like to know if is possible to write into a document
      >>with split lines.

      Neat clip RS! Here is a modification. there is a bug in it when
      using short column widths where it hunts back to find a space and
      messes up. I typed quite a number of lines though and it works
      fine as long as you have at least one space on the line you are
      typing. The clip will find the last spaces entered and split the
      line there instead of splitting the line in the middle of a word.
      There is also a column indicator now on the status bar. :) The
      "??" are also deleted as well.

      ^!SetHintInfo is one long line.

      >;=================================
      H=Typewriter Style
      ^!FocusDoc
      :Loop
      ^!SetHintInfo "You are at column ^$GetCol$. To stop type "??" on a new line. Or press Ctrl+Alt."
      ^!If ^$GetLine$=?? ClearMarks
      ^!If ^$StrSize(^$GetLine$)$ < 30 Loop else Next
      ^!IfSame "^$GetChar(-1)$" "^%Space%" Next else Skip_2
      ^!InsertText ^%nl%
      ^!Goto Loop
      ^!Find " " SB
      ^!InsertText ^%nl%
      ^!Jump Line_End
      ^!Goto Loop

      :ClearMarks
      ^!Replace "??" >> "" SB
      >;=================================

      C ya,
      Jody

      http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 1999
        Hi RS and [Manuel],

        >>Hi, I would like to know if is possible to write into a document
        >>with split lines.

        Oops - called it Typewriter Style, but forgot to give you a
        carriage return bell. <g>

        Just replace the appropriate lines. Skip_2 was changed to
        Skip_3 and two ^!Sound SystemHand were added. Replace all
        the text below your column count line.

        ^!IfSame "^$GetChar(-1)$" "^%Space%" Next else Skip_3
        ^!InsertText ^%nl%
        ^!Sound SystemHand
        ^!Goto Loop
        ^!Find " " SB
        ^!InsertText ^%nl%
        ^!Sound SystemHand
        ^!Jump Line_End
        ^!Goto Loop

        Actually it only tells you that you started a new line. You
        could make it so that it world check to see what column you
        are at and if say 5 columns less than your total line length
        ring the bell. Boys will play with their toys. :)

        Happy NoteTabbin',

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab
        NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro.....
        http://www.notetab.com

      • [Manuel]
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5, 1999
          Sun, 04 Apr 1999 19:5
          Thanks very much. It's work ok.
          It's quickly and simple.
          I like it.

          [RS <ptools@...>]
          >One way to do it is with a Clip like this:
          >;=================================
          >H="10 Chars Per Line"
          >^!FocusDoc
          >:Loop
          >^!SetHintInfo "Fixed Length is on. To stop type "??" on a new line. Or press Ctrl+Alt."
          >^!If ^$GetLine$=?? End
          >^!If ^$StrSize(^$GetLine$)$ < 10 Loop
          >^!InsertText ^%nl%
          >^!Goto Loop