[NTB] Re: Autmatic split lines

  • RS
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 1999
      Hi Manuel,

      At 11:32 PM 04/04/99 +0000, you wrote:

      >Hi, I would like to know if is possible to write into a document with
      >split lines.
      >
      >I don't want do Word Wrap, I want that if I'm in character number 60
      >the next character go at the next line, but I like that all lines are
      >split lines.

      One way to do it is with a Clip like this:
      ;=================================
      H="10 Chars Per Line"
      ^!FocusDoc
      :Loop
      ^!SetHintInfo "Fixed Length is on. To stop type "??" on a new line. Or press Ctrl+Alt."
      ^!If ^$GetLine$=?? End
      ^!If ^$StrSize(^$GetLine$)$ < 10 Loop
      ^!InsertText ^%nl%
      ^!Goto Loop
      ;=================================

      [The clip has 7 lines, not counting the Title, one of which is just a Label]

      This will let you type 10 characters per line, for you to try it and see it works, after which it jumps to a new line. You can easily fix it for 60 characters by changing the value in line 5.
      To stop the Clip, type "??" in a new line; or press Ctrl+Alt. The StatusBar tells you when the Clip is running.

      Another way would be by using a second window, and resizing one of them to fit only 60 characters. Then, when you're done, select all and split the lines ("Modify|Lines|Split Lines").

      Hope this helps.

      Regards,

      RS

      Get now: Components for NoteTab, Clipbook Libraries, and other "goodies" from my Web Page:

      http://home.att.net/~ptools/main/index.htm

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 1999
        Hi RS and [Manuel],

        >>Hi, I would like to know if is possible to write into a document
        >>with split lines.

        Neat clip RS! Here is a modification. there is a bug in it when
        using short column widths where it hunts back to find a space and
        messes up. I typed quite a number of lines though and it works
        fine as long as you have at least one space on the line you are
        typing. The clip will find the last spaces entered and split the
        line there instead of splitting the line in the middle of a word.
        There is also a column indicator now on the status bar. :) The
        "??" are also deleted as well.

        ^!SetHintInfo is one long line.

        >;=================================
        H=Typewriter Style
        ^!FocusDoc
        :Loop
        ^!SetHintInfo "You are at column ^$GetCol$. To stop type "??" on a new line. Or press Ctrl+Alt."
        ^!If ^$GetLine$=?? ClearMarks
        ^!If ^$StrSize(^$GetLine$)$ < 30 Loop else Next
        ^!IfSame "^$GetChar(-1)$" "^%Space%" Next else Skip_2
        ^!InsertText ^%nl%
        ^!Goto Loop
        ^!Find " " SB
        ^!InsertText ^%nl%
        ^!Jump Line_End
        ^!Goto Loop

        :ClearMarks
        ^!Replace "??" >> "" SB
        >;=================================

        C ya,
        Jody

        http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4, 1999
          Hi RS and [Manuel],

          >>Hi, I would like to know if is possible to write into a document
          >>with split lines.

          Oops - called it Typewriter Style, but forgot to give you a
          carriage return bell. <g>

          Just replace the appropriate lines. Skip_2 was changed to
          Skip_3 and two ^!Sound SystemHand were added. Replace all
          the text below your column count line.

          ^!IfSame "^$GetChar(-1)$" "^%Space%" Next else Skip_3
          ^!InsertText ^%nl%
          ^!Sound SystemHand
          ^!Goto Loop
          ^!Find " " SB
          ^!InsertText ^%nl%
          ^!Sound SystemHand
          ^!Jump Line_End
          ^!Goto Loop

          Actually it only tells you that you started a new line. You
          could make it so that it world check to see what column you
          are at and if say 5 columns less than your total line length
          ring the bell. Boys will play with their toys. :)

          Happy NoteTabbin',

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab
          NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro.....
          http://www.notetab.com

        • [Manuel]
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 5, 1999
            Sun, 04 Apr 1999 19:5
            Thanks very much. It's work ok.
            It's quickly and simple.
            I like it.

            [RS <ptools@...>]
            >One way to do it is with a Clip like this:
            >;=================================
            >H="10 Chars Per Line"
            >^!FocusDoc
            >:Loop
            >^!SetHintInfo "Fixed Length is on. To stop type "??" on a new line. Or press Ctrl+Alt."
            >^!If ^$GetLine$=?? End
            >^!If ^$StrSize(^$GetLine$)$ < 10 Loop
            >^!InsertText ^%nl%
            >^!Goto Loop