[NTB] Re: Close [X] button is gone!

  • Jon Tams
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 4 1:24 PM
      I miss the X as well!
      You didn't miss any checkboxes! There is just no more X.
      What I did was in the Options - Toolbar I moved all the spare Separators (about 20 of them in my case) to the end and checked them all..then moved the Close Document to the very end...Now I have the close document button very near where the X used to be. Not as nice but works for me!
      Such is progress!

      gecovey@... wrote:

      > Hello, all!
      >
      > I've been using Notetab version 2.6 for a long time. I recently downloaded the new version, 4.6a. I am very happy with the update, EXCEPT for the fact that the close document button (the X in the upper-right corner) is GONE! Why? Do I have any other options? Is there some hidden check-box to make it come back!?!?
      >
      > Oh well, such is progress. Please respond if you can help me, or if you feel the same.
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Greg Covey

    • Greg Covey
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 4 1:39 PM
        Jon,

        Brilliant! Thank you for the reply. I just did the same thing and it works
        for me! I also adjusted the button width. Seems that default is about 20. I
        made it 30 and that helped push the 'close doc' button over to the right a
        bit more!

        Thanks again!

        Greg

      • Don Daugherty
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 5 10:25 AM
          This is mysterious - - my X is still there. I upgraded a registered
          version of NoteTab Pro to Version 4.6a/np and everything looks normal.
          Maybe your program is running in a normal window that somehow is oversized
          so the X is pushed offscreen (In that case the scrollbat would be also.)
          What happens if you Maximize to "full screen?" Any way the work-around
          gives you an out if you don't find the X hidden somewhere.

          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 5 8:44 PM
            Hi Don,

            >This is mysterious - - my X is still there. I upgraded a registered
            >version of NoteTab Pro to Version 4.6a/np and everything looks normal.

            You should not have an X button in ver. 4.6a at all. In fact you
            should have noticed the difference between night and day just about
            between ver. 263e and 4.6. I suspect you are starting NoteTab from
            an old shortcut and still opening your old version. Try going into
            Windows Explorer and looking for it that way and double clicking NotePro.exe. You can also hold your mouse over the status bar to
            read the version.

            C ya,
            Jody

            http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
            http://www.sureword.com/notetab

            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 5 9:00 PM
              Hi Greg,

              >Thanks for the input, but the X is just not there!

              The X button has not been there for a long time, a
              very long time. you only have the close document toolbar
              icon now. Version 263e and 4.6 are worlds apart from
              each other in what they can do and all the features added.

              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 5 9:00 PM
                Thanks for the input, but the X is just not there!

                I should let it be known that I'm using Notetab 4.6a LITE! (the free
                version) Maybe that is what makes the difference. If the commercial version
                support the X to close documents, it's definately worth the upgrade.

                Greg

              • Kay Roath
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 6 12:24 AM
                  4/5/1999 10:44 PM Jody wrote

                  >>This is mysterious - - my X is still there. I upgraded a
                  >>registered version of NoteTab Pro to Version 4.6a/np and
                  >>everything looks normal.

                  > You should not have an X button in ver. 4.6a at all. In
                  > fact you should have noticed the difference between night
                  > and day just about between ver. 263e and 4.6. I suspect
                  > you are starting NoteTab from an old shortcut and still
                  > opening your old version. Try going into Windows Explorer
                  > and looking for it that way and double clicking
                  > NotePro.exe. You can also hold your mouse over the status
                  > bar to read the version.

                  The confusion might be that there is an X to close NoteTab
                  & I'm pretty sure you have to go back to 3.x to know that
                  the original question was about the file close X we used
                  to have.

                  --- Grandma Kay ---
                  http://notetab.kay.net

                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 6 12:42 AM
                    Hi Kay,

                    >The confusion might be that there is an X to close NoteTab
                    >& I'm pretty sure you have to go back to 3.x to know that
                    >the original question was about the file close X we used
                    >to have.

                    Yes, the thread started off one of the fellas upgrading or
                    wanting to from ver. 263 which indeed had the X to close, but
                    I know of no such X today.

                    But then another said he has an X in ver. 4.6a. If there is,
                    it has been hiding from me for a looooong time and is real
                    good at hide and seek 'cause I haven't found it. :)

                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 6 12:55 AM
                      Hi Kay,

                      >Actually, we used to have 2 X's. The windows one to close
                      >the program is still there

                      Where is that one; what toolbar command?

                      & anyone who doesn't go back to a
                      >version where we also had the x to close a file could get
                      >very confused looking at the X that's there & having us
                      >talking about the x being gone in 4.6 :)

                      Uh, ok, I think I follow that. <g> Perhaps once you tell me
                      where this other x is perhaps its cursive style (which is
                      ringing a bell) but I can't find that one.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 6 1:01 AM
                        4/6/1999 2:42 AM Jody wrote
                        > But then another said he has an X in ver. 4.6a. If there is,
                        > it has been hiding from me for a looooong time and is real
                        > good at hide and seek 'cause I haven't found it. :)

                        Actually, we used to have 2 X's. The windows one to close
                        the program is still there & anyone who doesn't go back to a

                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 6 1:19 AM
                          4/6/1999 2:55 AM Jody wrote

                          > Hi Kay,

                          >>Actually, we used to have 2 X's. The windows one to close
                          >>the program is still there

                          > Where is that one; what toolbar command?

                          > & anyone who doesn't go back to a
                          >>version where we also had the x to close a file could get
                          >>very confused looking at the X that's there & having us
                          >>talking about the x being gone in 4.6 :)

                          > Uh, ok, I think I follow that. <g> Perhaps once you tell me
                          > where this other x is perhaps its cursive style (which is
                          > ringing a bell) but I can't find that one.

                          Standard windows - upper right corner '-' [box thing(s)]
                          & 'X' to close the program.

                          --- Grandma Kay ---
                          http://notetab.kay.net

                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 6 1:19 AM
                            Hi Kay,

                            >Standard windows - upper right corner '-' [box thing(s)]
                            >& 'X' to close the program.

                            Argh! :) Thanks for clearing things up. So, there is no
                            X or x or italic X in NoteTab other than the little upper
                            right hand corner box that exits NoteTab, at least ver.
                            4.0 and above and maybe a chance it was not in Pro 3.
                            Thank you and good Notenite. :)

                            C ya,
                            Jody

                            http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
                            http://www.sureword.com/notetab

                          • Bill McNair
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 6 6:01 AM
                              How is this possible? The first version I bought was 4.51, I think, and I
                              just upgraded to 4.6a/np yesterday and I have always had the close button

                              Exclusive discounts from the hottest online bookstores
                              Join Now! http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/20

                            • Don Daugherty
                              Message 14 of 14 , Apr 6 7:17 AM
                                >The confusion might be that there is an X to close NoteTab
                                >& I'm pretty sure you have to go back to 3.x to know that
                                >the original question was about the file close X we used
                                >to have.

                                >--- Grandma Kay ---

                                Yes! I'm sure that's the source of my confusion. Newbies like me don't
                                remember the "good old days".

                                Thanks for the clarification.
                                Don