[NTB] Re: Copy text into another application?

  • Jan-Arild L�kstad
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 1999
      Hi Jody,

      >If you are talking about the dictionary that NoteTab uses

      No,I am talking about (at least I am trying to :) ) those huge
      dictionaries on CDs. I have one installed on my HD,and it required
      126MB of free space. It consists of four different ones
      (orthography,synonyms,foreign words and phrases and quotations)

      What I am trying to accomplish is to get NTP to work as closely as
      possible with them. A way which allows me to select a word in NTP and
      insert it into the find field of the dictionaries.

      I can do the copying and pasting "manually" of course,but it gets
      pretty cumbersome in the long run. Therefore,I have been working on
      creating a clip which could make this a little easier to handle,and
      the only thing remaining is to find a way to insert the selected word
      in NTP into the find field of the dictionaries. Can this be done?

      --
      Jan-Arild
      loekstad@...

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 1999
        Hi Jan-Arild,

        >Therefore,I have been working on creating a clip which could make
        >this a little easier to handle,and the only thing remaining is to
        >find a way to insert the selected word in NTP into the find field
        >of the dictionaries. Can this be done?

        Most likely with the some/all/more of following commands:

        ^!Set %word%=^$GetWord$
        ^!Select Word
        ^!Select Eol
        ^!Set %word%=^$Selection$