[NTB] Copy text into another application?

  • Jan-Arild L�kstad
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 1999
      Hi all,

      How do I (if possible) copy text from NTP directly into another
      application -for example,the search field in an electronic dictionary?

      Using 4.6a

      --
      Jan-Arild
      loekstad@...

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 1999
        Hi Jan-Arild,

        >How do I (if possible) copy text from NTP directly into another
        >application -for example,the search field in an electronic dictionary?

        If you are talking about the dictionary that NoteTab uses select the
        text that is in the field and right click over it choosing "Copy" or
        do a Ctrl+C. Ctrl+C usually works when the programmer did not put a
        mouse content menu in. Most apps allow this, however, password
        screens are usually a real pain...

        Bye for now,
        Jody Adair
        Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

        http://www.sureword.com/sojourner/
        http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611/
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab/

      • Jan-Arild L�kstad
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3, 1999
          Hi Jody,

          >If you are talking about the dictionary that NoteTab uses

          No,I am talking about (at least I am trying to :) ) those huge
          dictionaries on CDs. I have one installed on my HD,and it required
          126MB of free space. It consists of four different ones
          (orthography,synonyms,foreign words and phrases and quotations)

          What I am trying to accomplish is to get NTP to work as closely as
          possible with them. A way which allows me to select a word in NTP and
          insert it into the find field of the dictionaries.

          I can do the copying and pasting "manually" of course,but it gets
          pretty cumbersome in the long run. Therefore,I have been working on
          creating a clip which could make this a little easier to handle,and
          the only thing remaining is to find a way to insert the selected word
          in NTP into the find field of the dictionaries. Can this be done?

          --
          Jan-Arild
          loekstad@...

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3, 1999
            Hi Jan-Arild,

            >Therefore,I have been working on creating a clip which could make
            >this a little easier to handle,and the only thing remaining is to
            >find a way to insert the selected word in NTP into the find field
            >of the dictionaries. Can this be done?

            Most likely with the some/all/more of following commands:

            ^!Set %word%=^$GetWord$
            ^!Select Word
            ^!Select Eol
            ^!Set %word%=^$Selection$