[NTB] Re: NoteTab Pro 4.6 trashed files [Recovering}

  • Lawrence R. Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 1999
      At 01:10 AM 3/30/1999 GMT, you wrote:
      >I had about 6 HTML files open in NTP 4.6, and did a File/Save_all command.
      >Half the files turned to trash. Document/Properties said the files were
      >EBCDIC, but Modify/Convert to ASCII text, just trashed them worse. Since
      >I wasn't aware this happened, I followed the procedure three times,
      >trashing 9 files in all. Fortunately, I was able to download and rerstore
      >the files from my web site, so I lost little work.
      >
      >Anybody else have similar problems?

      One more word on this. Eric has provided a command that will allow you to
      reload these "trashed" files as ansi/ascii text and resave them as normal
      files - in effect recovering them.

      ^!OpenEbcdic FileName [/W=nnn]
      or
      ^!OpenEbcdic FileName1;FileName2;FileName3
      Opens and translates the text from EBCDIC format to ANSI, or selects the
      specified document "FileName". You can use wild cards with this command.
      The optional parameter "/W=nnn" can be used to define a line length for
      fixed-width EBCDIC files. "nnn" represents the width in characters; a value
      of 0 indicates variable line lengths delimited with carriage returns.
      Example: ^!OpenEbcdic /W=132

      The clip below will allow you to reload files saved in the home directory
      of NoteTab Pro.

      ^!OpenEbcdic ^?{(T=O;F="EBCDIC Files (*.txt)|*.txt")Select a File to
      Open=^$GetAppPath$}

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...