[NTB] Re: Redundant prompt and variable in a clip

  • Kay Roath
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 1999
      3/1/1999 4:41 PM L╡ wrote
      > On Mon, 01 Mar 1999 15:58:20 -0600, you wrote:

      >>You have to use sqaure brackets for the. You can mix the, but
      >>the square ones will open up before the clip actually runs and
      >>the curley ones when the script gets to them while running.

      > Square brackets didn't work at all. It would run through the loop the
      > first time, but never come back and ask for information for the next
      > one. It would just keep building the same set of lines over and over
      > with the same set of information. I would never be prompted to input
      > again. I'm trying to pattern this like the address list in the
      > Samples.clb except that I'm using one piece of info twice and I don't
      > want it to ask me twice. I'm getting the feeling that it's not
      > possible... at least not this late in the day. :-)

      ^!SET %LCPOS%=^?{Line card}
      Move this line to the top of your clip (above the :Start
      loop)

      It doesn't matter whether it has square brackets or curly
      braces. You need to keep the curly braces in the wizards
      inside the loop so they'll execute each time through (square
      ones are gathered and done at the beginning of a clip &
      curly ones when you reach the line they're on).

      Hey Jody - If you posted the [Clip] message here, I missed
      it. Thought it was rather strange that it was posted to the
      [Clip] group instead of here. Do I get a wet noodle if
      there's only one clip instruction in my message?

      --- Grandma Kay ---
      http://notetab.kay.net

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 1999
        Hi L²,

        >Oops. Sorry.
        >However, I do kind of like wet noodle lashes, so it's not all bad. :-)

        No problem. <g> See the next post explaining things that Grandma
        Kay missed with Wayne's correction. :)

        >Square brackets didn't work at all. It would run through the loop the
        >first time, but never come back and ask for information for the next
        >one.

        Well, actually, it did just what it was suppose to. <g>
        That's why I mentioned to mix the clips and you saw
        Granny's remedy as well.

        Please sign up on the clips list for further discussion
        on this - thanks!

        >Thanks... I cheated. I copied (or tried to) from the samples.

        That's how a lot of us learn. That is how I learned. A
        picture is worth a million words to me. A method I use is
        start changing things to see what the effects.

        Happy NoteTabbin',
        Jody Adair

        The NoteTabbers' Assistant Page
        http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611/notetab/