[NTB] Re: Redundant prompt and variable in a clip

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 1999
      Hi Lorraine,

      In the future, please post Clips to the NoteTab Clips List. This
      time you only get 3 lashes across the eyeball with a wet noodle
      instead of 99. :)

      >It works except when going through the prompts it asks for the
      >same information (Line card) twice. I want it to use the
      >information from the first time it asked.

      You have to use sqaure brackets for the. You can mix the, but
      the square ones will open up before the clip actually runs and
      the curley ones when the script gets to them while running.

      >rmv:islulc=^?[SM]-^?[ISLU]-^?[LGC]-^?{Line card};
      >rcv:apptext!
      >FORM=22v7&"CHG",SM=^?[SM],UNIT=ISLU,ISLU=^?[ISLU],LGC=^?[LGC]!

      Good going for just starting out! :)

      Happy NoteTabbin',
      Jody Adair

      The NoteTabbers' Assistant Page
      http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611/notetab/

    • ... Oops. Sorry. I am assuming by Clips List, that you mean the Advanced list? That s the only other choice of lists that I ve found. When reading the list
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 1999
        On Mon, 01 Mar 1999 15:58:20 -0600, you wrote:

        >In the future, please post Clips to the NoteTab Clips List. This
        >time you only get 3 lashes across the eyeball with a wet noodle
        >instead of 99. :)

        Oops. Sorry. I am assuming by Clips List, that you mean the Advanced
        list? That's the only other choice of lists that I've found. When
        reading the list descriptions, and posts from the past, I thought this
        is where I wanted to be. Bad judgement on my part. However, I do
        kind of like wet noodle lashes, so it's not all bad. :-)

        >You have to use sqaure brackets for the. You can mix the, but
        >the square ones will open up before the clip actually runs and
        >the curley ones when the script gets to them while running.

        Square brackets didn't work at all. It would run through the loop the
        first time, but never come back and ask for information for the next
        one. It would just keep building the same set of lines over and over
        with the same set of information. I would never be prompted to input
        again. I'm trying to pattern this like the address list in the
        Samples.clb except that I'm using one piece of info twice and I don't
        want it to ask me twice. I'm getting the feeling that it's not
        possible... at least not this late in the day. :-)

        >Good going for just starting out! :)

        Thanks... I cheated. I copied (or tried to) from the samples.

        Lorraine

      • Kay Roath
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 1999
          3/1/1999 4:41 PM L╡ wrote
          > On Mon, 01 Mar 1999 15:58:20 -0600, you wrote:

          >>You have to use sqaure brackets for the. You can mix the, but
          >>the square ones will open up before the clip actually runs and
          >>the curley ones when the script gets to them while running.

          > Square brackets didn't work at all. It would run through the loop the
          > first time, but never come back and ask for information for the next
          > one. It would just keep building the same set of lines over and over
          > with the same set of information. I would never be prompted to input
          > again. I'm trying to pattern this like the address list in the
          > Samples.clb except that I'm using one piece of info twice and I don't
          > want it to ask me twice. I'm getting the feeling that it's not
          > possible... at least not this late in the day. :-)

          ^!SET %LCPOS%=^?{Line card}
          Move this line to the top of your clip (above the :Start
          loop)

          It doesn't matter whether it has square brackets or curly
          braces. You need to keep the curly braces in the wizards
          inside the loop so they'll execute each time through (square
          ones are gathered and done at the beginning of a clip &
          curly ones when you reach the line they're on).

          Hey Jody - If you posted the [Clip] message here, I missed
          it. Thought it was rather strange that it was posted to the
          [Clip] group instead of here. Do I get a wet noodle if
          there's only one clip instruction in my message?

          --- Grandma Kay ---
          http://notetab.kay.net

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 1, 1999
            Hi L²,

            >Oops. Sorry.
            >However, I do kind of like wet noodle lashes, so it's not all bad. :-)

            No problem. <g> See the next post explaining things that Grandma
            Kay missed with Wayne's correction. :)

            >Square brackets didn't work at all. It would run through the loop the
            >first time, but never come back and ask for information for the next
            >one.

            Well, actually, it did just what it was suppose to. <g>
            That's why I mentioned to mix the clips and you saw
            Granny's remedy as well.

            Please sign up on the clips list for further discussion
            on this - thanks!

            >Thanks... I cheated. I copied (or tried to) from the samples.

            That's how a lot of us learn. That is how I learned. A
            picture is worth a million words to me. A method I use is
            start changing things to see what the effects.